Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food and Culture Tour
- Book and travel by March 31, 2015 and save 20% off our previously offered price. BOOK NOW!
What better way to explore the ethnic diversity of New York City than this exclusive history, culture and gastronomy lesson on a varied international bus and walking tour of Brooklyn. Take a trip back in time and around the world and see a part of New York City you probably didn't even know existed!
It's been said that "A trip to Brooklyn is like a trip around the world". It's truly amazing how many people visit New York City and miss out on Brooklyn - don't be one of them.
The neighborhoods you'll be visiting on the Best of Brooklyn Food and Culture Walking Tour include:
- New Williamsburg, home to many ethnic groups and a thriving art community where you'll be enjoying a slice of delectable authentic Neapolitan brick oven thin crust pizza topped off with a freshly prepared cannoli for dessert
- Old Williamsburg, a drive through the Ultra Orthodox Hasidic Jewish area where time seems to stand still
- Greenpoint, featuring one of largest Polish populations in the United States for a sit down meal at neighborhood favorite eatery, featuring the best kielbasa sausage, pierogies and more
- DUMBO, where we'll stop at the Jacques Torres chocolate factory, and visit Brooklyn Bridge Park for an excellent view of Manhattan's famous skyline including amazing views of the Brooklyn Bridge and a stunning restored 1920s era wooden carousel
- Sunset Park, featuring a plethora of Latin American food establishments for a picnic style lunch in the park featuring the "Cuban" sandwich (indoors during the colder months or in the event of inclement weather)
Your journey with an experienced, knowledgeable native New Yorker will show you the most fascinating areas in New York City. Begin in the historic West Village, the past and present home to some of the city's most influential residents, then venture across the Williamsburg Bridge to Brooklyn, where the rest of your tour takes place.
The tour is run in English however, since the tour is mostly visual, it can work wonderfully even if you have only a basic understanding of English.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
See the Mighty Manhattan Bridge on this Best of Brooklyn Sightseeing Tour
- Transport by climate-controlled bus
- Native New Yorker guide
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Much of this tour takes place on a comfortable temperature-controlled bus. While there is walking in each of the neighborhoods, this tour is comfortable even during the colder months
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please bring child seats for all children under 6 years. These will not be supplied on the tour
Reviewed by: Anne L, January 2015
I strongly recommend the tour and not the least with a real "broolyner"!
Reviewed by: Catherine S, January 2015
This tour was amazing. I can highly reccomend this tour for anyone who has an interest in food and a little history. Such a different part of town enhances the New York experience. And the food was fantastic.