Kyoto Morning Tour - Kyoto Imperial Palace, Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle
Soak up the sights of Kyoto on this guided half-day city morning tour. Travel by coach and visit Nijo Castle, the gold covered Kinkakuji Temple and Golden Pavilion. Wander through the Kyoto Imperial Palace - home to the emperor until 1868 and see how royalty lived!
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Visit the main temple and palace sights of Kyoto on a half-day city tour including:
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors. The inner walls contain Honmaru Palace and its garden, Ninomaru Palace with its five connecting buildings made of cypress and lavishly decorated in gold leaf, the kitchens, guard house and several gardens.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
Kyoto's most popular temple is the home of perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese Garden, as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace shows the Japanese taste for simplicity and calmness and was the residence of the Imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Selected Kyoto hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at the Kyoto station
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kyoto Morning Tour - Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local tax
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of the road on this tour are made of gravel and may have steep inclines
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. The tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple on those days
- Nijo Castle is closed every Tuesday during January, July, August, and December. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple
- Please note you will be asked to fill in your full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace (forms will be handed out on the
day of the tour).
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: rleech, August 2014
The guide was very efficient and spoke excellent English. All of the places were very interesting.
Reviewed by: ANTONIOS V, August 2014
In a very little time, we had the chance of visiting three sights of great interest in Kyoto, which would probably take us two or three days if we went on our own.