Spend your day in port in Juneau panning for gold and indulging in a fresh Alaskan salmon bake! Meet your guide at the Juneau cruise terminal, and after a brief city tour of Juneau, make your way up to Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin for a lesson on gold panning – keep everything you find! When you’ve built up an appetite, head to a traditional all-you-can-eat salmon bake! End your day by roasting marshmallows on the fire or checking out the Salmon Creek waterfall. Buses run throughout the night, so you can return to Juneau at whatever time suits your cruise ship schedule.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Buffet dinner included
- Ideal choice for families
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All necessary equipment included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
While you’re in port in Juneau, a true Alaskan experience can be yours! By day you’re as a gold miner, ravaging Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin for pieces of gold; by night you’re a true Alaskan, eating fresh seafood at a traditional salmon bake.
After pickup from the cruise port, your guide will take you on a brief city tour of Juneau, Alaska’s capital. From there, head up to Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin, where you’ll learn all there is to know about gold panning, the simplest form of gold mining. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it on your own! Everything you find is yours to keep. You’ll receive an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate, signifying the gold you’ve discovered.
After you’ve built up an appetite, travel by bus to the traditional Alaskan salmon bake! Your lunch or dinner (depending on your choice of tour time) includes grilled salmon, Cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta and more! Eat as much as you like, and then roast marshmallows by the fire or take a walk to the historic Wagner Mine. You can take the shuttle back to the port whenever you wish. Buses run based off of cruise schedules for the day.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Special Offer! - Combine the traditional Alaskan salmon bake with the gold panning experience for an unbeatable price! Save at least 15% compared to booking these two shore excursions separately - BOOK NOW! - Book Now!
Alaskan Salmon Bake
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Juneau cruise terminal
- Flexible -- after booking, you will be provided with the local supplier's contact information so you can specify a pickup time from the port.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9:30am port pickup
10am port pickup
10:30am port pickup
12pm port pickup
3:30pm port pickup
4pm port pickup
4:30pm port pickup
Gold Panning in Gold Creek
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide for gold panning
- Buffet lunch or dinner depending on option selected
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children ages 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.