Step out on a historical walking tour of San Francisco's internationally renowned gay neighborhood, the Castro. While walking you will learn about the history of the Castro and visit the historical landmarks that remain a symbol and source of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender activism and events.
This comprehensive San Francisco tour details the rich and diverse history of the Castro neighborhood and beyond.
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
On this guided walking tour through San Francisco's vibrant Castro district you'll visit the Castro Theatre, one of San Francisco's premier movie houses, which gave the neighborhood its name.
Harvey Milk, San Francisco's icon and civil rights leader, was a profound contributor to the history of the Castro. On this tour you will have the opportunity to visit Harvey Milk's residence, his photo shop and campaign headquarters.
Other Castro landmarks you will see on this historical walking tour include the Pink Triangle Memorial Park (a triangular free-standing memorial to thousands of gay men persecuted in Nazi camps of World War II), and the legendary Twin Peaks Tavern (First gay bar in America to have glass windows).
All tours are incredibly informative and empowering. Public walkways are wheelchair accessible.
Castro Theatre, San Francisco
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Harvey Milk Plaza
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 12pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mural in the Castro District
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: GLBT History Museum open Wednesday to Sunday
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.