Moreton Island Snorkel and Sand Boarding 4WD Day Trip from Brisbane
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snorkel gear included
Your Moreton Island 4WD tour will take you along Middle Road passing through thick eucalyptus forest, featuring beautiful grass trees up to 250 years old, before reaching 'the Desert', home of sand boarding on Moreton Island.
Sand boarding is an awesome, fun, high-adrenalin activity. Speeds of up to 50 kilometers per hour can be reached. From beginners, young children and families to the most adventurous adrenalin junkie, Moreton Island is the perfect place to experience the thrill of sand boarding. Make sure you bring your camera as there will be plenty of photo opportunities.
After your sand boarding adventure there will be time to relax on a white sandy beach, or take a dip in the blue waters while a fresh picnic lunch is prepared.
After lunch, it's time for a guided snorkel around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. The 15 shipwrecks located just 50 meters off the beach provide wonderful snorkeling opportunities. See a huge range of marine life including blue and orange banded parrotfish, big eye trevally, blue-tang surgeonfish (Dory) and clown fish (Nemo)!
For those who prefer not to snorkel, kayaking around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks is a fantastic alternative. See the magnificent shipwrecks from above the water for a completely different outlook of Moreton Bay and its spectacular scenery. Kayaking may also be offered as an alternative to snorkeling should conditions be unfavorable. Please note: Snorkeling is subject to tide and weather conditions and may change without notice.
You'll cruise back to the mainland by ferry before returning to your Brisbane hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Brisbane Transit Centre or selected Brisbane hotels:
- Brisbane Backpackers Resort - Westend
- Rydges Hotel - Southbank
- Hilton Hotel - Brisbane city
- Rendezvous Hotel - Brisbane city
- Urban Hotel - Springhill
- Mantra on Queen - Brisbane city
- Bunk Backpackers - Fortitude Valley
- Shafston Mansions - Kangaroo Point
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Snorkelling - Tangalooma Wrecks
- Local guide
- Roundtrip ferry to Moreton island
- Picnic lunch
- Moreton Island National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- All activities
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Please bring a towel, camera, sunscreen, hat, swimming gear, insect repellent, walking shoes and warm clothes during winter
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Reviewed by: Hon Kong L, April 2015
Reviewed by: Michael J, March 2015
What an adventure! From the ride into the island to the sandboarding. It was great. I opted for kayaking instead of snorkeling and had a blast. Others that snorkeled near the ship wreck saw some really cool stuff. Highly recommended!