Select a datex
See the best of Hamburg on an easy and convenient hop-on hop-off tour, including two cruises – a harbor cruise and a panoramic sightseeing cruise on Lake Alster! Set your own itinerary on this perfect do-it-yourself combination tour when in Hamburg. The hop-on hop-off tour allows you to see Hamburg’s top attractions at your own pace aboard a comfortable double-decker bus, while the one-hour harbor cruise and one-hour Lake Alster sightseeing cruise provide great views from the water. See all the major attractions, including St Michael Church, the newly built Hamburg Harbor City and the infamous Reeperbahn red-light district!
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Set your own itinerary and explore Hamburg at your own pace. The hop-on hop-off bus tour allows you to simply hop off at the stop you want and return to any stop to continue your tour! Board one of the red double-decker buses at any of the available stops, and begin your sightseeing adventure, hopping off at Town Hall Square, the main train station or at any other stop on the route. Your hop-on hop-off ticket is valid for one day.
Then, get another perspective of Hamburg on your included one-hour harbor sightseeing cruise with English commentary April to October only). The boat leaves daily from the landing piers of the Hamburg port. Cruise along Hamburg's picturesque warehouse district to Hamburg's Harbor City, one of Europe's biggest urban development projects with the new concert hall, Elbphilharmonie, built on the roof of a storehouse. Sit back and relax while you enjoy these architectural highlights of Hamburg.
When you’re back on land, head out on another sightseeing cruise! Your included one-hour Lake Alster cruise leaves from the Jungfernstieg Passage in central Hamburg, only a short walk from Town Hall Square. The boat will take you along the shoreline of Hamburg's inner-city lake, lined with impressive villas and beautiful garden areas. Multi-lingual audio commentary is available on board (English, French, Spanish).
Enjoy a traditional cup of tea (included) at the teashop in the heritage-listed Krameramt district, an area of former merchants' homes built in the 17th century (hop-on hop-off stop is St Michael Church).
Your sightseeing tickets are valid for three consecutive days, but you can take each tour only once.
See the Itinerary section below for a full list of hop-on hop-off tour stops.
Essential Hamburg: Lake Alster Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Make sure that you first present your voucher to the bus driver. The driver will collect the voucher and you will receive a ticket, also for the cruise.
- Hop-on hop-off tour departs from the port, St. Pauli landing piers 1-2 and the main train station in Kirchenallee
- Harbor cruise departs from St Pauli port landing pier 1 or 4
- Lake Alster Cruise departs from Jungfernstieg in central Hamburg
Hamburg Hop-on Hop-off Tour:
April - October:
9:30am to 5pm, every 30 minutes (weekdays)
9:30am to 5:10pm, every 20 minutes (weekends) from main train station, 9:20am to 5pm, every 20 minutes from St Pauli landing piers
November - March:
10am to 4pm, every hour (weekdays)
9:30am to 4pm, every 30 minutes (weekends)
April - October: 12pm (English commentary)
November - March: 11am to 4pm (German commentary only)
Lake Alster Cruise:
April to September:
10am to 6pm, every 30 minutes
10am, 11am - 4pm every 30 minutes, 5pm
November - December:
10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm, 4pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6pm
January - March:
10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm
Return Details:You may disembark at any of the available stops
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- 1-day hop-on hop-off tour ticket
- Live commentary on board (English, German)
- 1-hour harbor cruise with English commentary (April to October only)
- 1-hour Lake Alster cruise with multi-lingual audio-guide
- A cup of tea in the traditional tea shop of Krameramt district
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Itinerary:Hop On Off Tour Stops - Departure Main Train Station
- Main train station - Kirchenallee
- Holzdamm - Hotel Atlantik
- Fonteney - Hotel Intercontinental
- Moorweidenstrasse - Hotel Elysee
- Marseiller Strasse - Hotel SAS Plaza
- Bei den Kirchenhofen
- Dammtorstrasse - Hotel Oper
- Esplanade - Hotel Baseler Hof
- Neuer Jungfernstieg - Hotel Four Seasons
- Town hall square
- Rodingsmarkt - Hotel Steigenberger
- St Michaelis Church
- Seewartenstrasse - Hotel Hafen Hamburg
- St. Pauli Fishmarket
- Port landing piers 1-2 (departure harbor cruise)
- Auf dem Sande
- Tube Steinstrasse
- Main train station - Spitalerstrasse
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.