Select a datex
Explore Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens on this 2.5-hour skip-the-line walking tour, led by a professional local guide. With hotel pickup and drop-off from your centrally located Granada hotel included, this tour guarantees you'll have an Alhambra ticket (limited ticket numbers are allocated per day) and allows you to visit UNESCO-listed Alhambra with minimum fuss. Admire stunning Moorish architecture in the Nasrid Palaces and gain a glimpse into the lavish lives of the sultans who once lived here.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Your friendly local guide will pick you up from your Granada hotel by air-conditioned minibus and then whisk you away to La Sabica Hill to visit its most dramatic monument – Alhambra. Perched high on the hill overlooking the city, the incredible palace complex was first built as a fortress at the start of the 13th century. Successions of Spanish rulers made Alhambra their home, and the fortress grew into a medina (little hilltop city) with numerous palaces and lavish gardens.
Skip past the long entrance lines with your priority access ticket and walk around inside with your guide, hearing all the history of this fascinating site. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Alhambra is a treasure trove of Moorish architecture and you’ll see several of its wonders as you tour its highlights. Admire decadent rooms inside the Nasrid Palaces like the Hall of Ambassadors (Salón de los Embajadores) and Myrtle Courtyard (Patio of los Arrayanes), and marvel at the architecture of Pedro Machuca at the Palace of Charles V.
Step inside the Hall of Abencerrajes to gaze up at its star-shaped domed ceiling, and hear the tale of the massacre that took place here during a 15th century banquet. You’ll also see Alhambra’s Royal Baths; plainly decorated, not ornate, in line with the belief that bathing was a religious requirement not a luxury.
After exploring the palaces, head to the Generalife Gardens to discover where the sultans and Moorish kings of bygone days once relaxed. Featuring abundant flora and distinctive water features, the gardens also comprise two further courtyards, which you’ll see, the Patio de la Acequia and the Patio de la Sultana.
At the end of your 2.5-hour Alhambra tour, your guide will drop you back at your Granada hotel by minibus.
Special Offer! - Book online and save 5% on the local recommended retail price. - Book Now!
Generalife Gardens, Granada
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Your centrally located Granada hotel or at Alhambra
- Morning Tour: Hotel pickup between 9:15am and 9:45am.
Afternoon Tour: Hotel pickup between 2pm and 4pm.
You should contact your local supplier to verify the exact pick up time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alhambra and Generalife Gardens tour in the morning.
Alhambra and Generalife Gardens tour in the afternoon.
Skip the Line: Alhambra and Generalife Gardens Half-Day Tour
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 30 people)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- On occasion the Alhambra Trust may alter the order of the visit and restrict access to certain areas. In this case, the tour will be adapted accordingly without reducing the visiting time
- If hotel pickup is not required please make a note in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking
- Please note that groups regularly change in size and nationality. In order to facilitate these changes, your visit may be given in two different languages.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.