Big Island Day Trip: Grand Circle Island from Oahu
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Round-trip airfares
You’ll head out on a luxury minibus along the south coast of the island – the scenic drive will keep your eyes glued to your windows. You’ll have between 15 minutes to one hour at each of the following stops.
Catch amazing Hawaiian views of the coast, and ask your guide about Captain Cook.
Volcanoes National Park:
The Grand Circle tour includes admission to the park. Built in 1916, the park features the results of 70 million years of volcanic activity, migration and evolution. See the Kilauea Iki crater, Thurston Lava Tube and the steam bluffs. Bring a light sweater or jacket to wear here.
You can watch films of past eruptions and current volcano activity at this free, hands-on museum.
Big Island Candy Company:
Established in 1977, Big Island Candy manufactures and markets high-end macadamia-nut candies and cookies. You’ll get a free tour, complete with Kona coffee and samples.
When the day is over, you will have literally circled the Big Island. You’ll be driven back to the Kona airport for your flight to Honolulu.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most centrally located Waikiki hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Big Island day trip without hotel pickup and drop-off
Includes Hotel Pickup
Tour + hotel pickup and drop-off
Beautiful rainfalls and rainforests on the Big Island
- Round trip coach class air travel to the neighbor island
- Ground transportation by air-conditioned motor coach or mini-coach
- Tour narration by a professional driver/guide
- Admission to Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaii State Taxes
- Airline Fare and Fuel Surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless option selected
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A light sweater may be needed at the volcano area and sturdy walking shoes are required
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity.
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
Please Note: The name you enter at the time of booking must be exactly as appears on your photo I.D.
Interisland Air Carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown on valid government-issued I.D. does not match the name on their voucher. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and FAA requirement. Air Carriers proven to be non-compliant are subject to severe penalties; thus there is no flexibility with this policy. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refund issued.
Reviewed by: ROBERT B, December 2013
excellent trip wish we could stay longer
Reviewed by: Ora C, July 2013
Tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and highly entertaining. This tour does have a very early start from Oahu (3 am pickup) so expect to be completely wiped out by the time your plane returns. We had the 8 pm flight as was totally sleeping in the airport by the end. Another gotcha.. 2 pina colado drinks at the big island airport will run you $30 so beware.