Sample the pleasures of Launceston on this afternoon half-day tour. Follow the tranquil yet spectacular Tamar River amongst vineyards, bird havens, elegant country houses, fruit orchards and fishing villages - all set against the rolling hills of the Australian bush.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Launceston hotel to explore the historic village of Evandale, host to the internationally renowned Penny Farthing Bike Race. See some of Tasmania's best countryside and historic attractions, including a wonderful replica of the Grindelwald Swiss Village.
- Discover the highlights of Launceston
- Victorian streetscapes and historical architecture
- Follow the Tamar Valley North West of Launceston
- Pass through Riverside with its charming historic houses
- Tamar Island - an important habitat for waterbirds
- Look for black and white swans and seabirds feeding on the wetlands
- Panoramic views of the spectacular Tamar Valley
- Picturesque Grindelwald Swiss Village - a charming Swiss replica
- Lakeside Swiss Village - offering local craft, souvenirs and Swiss Chocolate (own expense)
- Tour the spectacular Tamar Valley and take in a panoramic overview from Brady's Lookout
- Beaconsfield - location of the mine collapse that occurred in 2006
- Visit the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre
- Interpretive, hands-on displays will engage, educate and remind you of how life used to be in the gold mine
Grindelwald Swiss Village
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Launceston Hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes at The Transit Centre, located at Cornwall Square, Launceston at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Picturesque Tamar River
- Hotel pickup
- Local guide
- 3.5-hour tour by coach
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 people to operate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.