Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the Dead
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
May to September
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Port Arthur Tour from Hobart
- Full-day guided Historical Walking Tour of Port Arthur
- 30-minute Harbor Cruise
- Entrance fees to Port Arthur
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Center (full commentary included).
Reviewed by: Noelene A, September 2014
Most enjoyable full day. Thae coach was small and comfortable and Graeme the driver was very knowledgable of local history and events. Port Arthur was fabulous as always, although the main buikding is in scaffold and not open to the public(you can still see it and they offered us a free photo/postcard )As my friend has a disability walking we made use of the Wombat Buggie service. Both drivers were attentive and full of knowledge and really made our day.I've been to Port Arthur many times and found the storie s facinting and also went to some sites I haven't seen before. My friend loved it. PA is must for any one going to Tassie and if you have limited time I strongly suggest you take this tour(if you had several dys spare its a must to spwend 3-4days on the pennisula as they is alot to see).
Reviewed by: Sue Retallick, August 2014
Wow! This tour was fantastic. Got picked up at our hotel. From the moment we left Hobart, the driver gave us a running commentary of what we were passing along the way. Tour included a guided walk and a boat cruise. Delivered back to our hotel at night. I had thought about hiring a car and driving to Port Arthur - glad I didn't because I would have missed so much. Well worth the money.