Explore the best of the 'Top End' on this three-day adventure tour from Darwin. Discover the scenic grandeur of Kakadu, a World Heritage Listed park, cruise through wilderness waterways, and swim in pristine water holes. Be in awe of the ancient rock paintings of Ubirr, and canoe along the majestic Katherine Gorge.
- Instant Confirmation
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Day 1: Darwin to Kakadu (L, D)
Leave Darwin behind and travel into Kakadu National Park. Start your adventure with a Guluyambi cruise spotting crocs along the South Alligator River. Run by local indigenous people, discover the culture and way of life that is still practice today. Then travel a short distance to Ubirr Rock – an outdoor gallery in the desert. See ancient rock paintings depicting the history of the region and stories of the Dreamtime. More than 1,000 years old the colors and details are still vibrant. Take a walk to the top of the plateau and reward yourself with 360 degree views of the countryside. End the day with a traditional campfire dinner and sleep out under the stars.
Overnight: Kakadu - Permanent Campsite
Day 2: Kakadu to Katherine (B, L, D)
After breakfast, head out to explore one of the many stunning natural attractions in Kakadu.. Stop for a swim in a near-by croc free watering hole before traveling to the historic mining area of Pine Creek. Hear the stories of the gold rush of the 1,800s and see memorabilia from the past. Travel to Edith Falls for a swim in the deep blue cool waters. End the day at Springvale Homestead on the banks of the Katherine River. Keep an eye out for wallabies that are often spotted hopping around.
Overnight: Springvale Homestead - Permanent Campsite
Day 3: Katherine to Darwin (B, L)
Travel to the majestic Katherine Gorge also known locally as Nitmiluk. The scenery here is jaw-dropping, with high sandstone walls and wide valleys. Take a leisurely two-hour cruise or for the more adventurous, paddle a canoe along the clear, cool waterways that are safe for swimming. Later in the afternoon return to Darwin where the tour concludes in the early evening.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Darwin hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:00pm on Day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day Kakadu National Park and Katherine Camping Tour from Darwin
Sunset at Kakadu
- Transport by purpose built all-terrain vehicle
- Accommodation as per itinerary (one-man tent for single travelers and shared tents for twin share)
- All camping equipment including linen
- Local guide
- Guluyambi cruise with indigenous guide
- Canoeing or scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Complimentary wine included with dinner
- Kakadu National Park entry fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 21 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour includes the use of a torch, towel and travel pillow
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate and the maximum group size is 24 passengers
- Maximum of 2 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 3 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- Campsites have hot/cold running water, toilets and showers close by. Full bed linen and a towel are provided
Health, Fitness and Medical: Some tours operate in remote areas and include some hiking through rugged terrain. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. Please list any prior medical conditions at time of booking. You must have travel insurance to participate in tour.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 28 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 55 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 85 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.