Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and Sausalito Half-Day Trip
Take time out from San Francisco on a half-day trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito. This enthralling half-day trip takes you across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Area's most popular national monument and the prettiest village in California.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
After crossing the impressive Golden Gate Bridge, you'll stop for a view of San Francisco from Vista Point before driving through the coastal mountains to Muir Woods (admission included). This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on earth. Take the opportunity to roam through an ancient forest of giant redwood trees on your 75-minute visit of Muir Woods.
This morning or afternoon tour also takes you to Sausalito, a quaint Mediterranean-style seaside village. Stroll along the waterfront, shop or take photos in this picturesque artists' colony nestled on the northern shores of San Francisco Bay.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please note, if you are staying at Fisherman's Wharf hotels please make your own way to the departure point of 2627 Taylor Street. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to tour departure time
Airport hotels: Pickup is available for the morning tour, however guests will be drop off at hotel at 5:15pm. Pickup is not available for the afternoon tour for those staying at hotels near or around the airport
Cruise ship passengers: Please make your way to 2627 Taylor Street, 10-minute walk from the cruise ship terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 2pm
Muir Woods, California
- 4-hour tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Admission to Muir Woods
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (morning tour only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Ferry ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: hotel pickup and drop-off at hotels in the airport area is only available to passengers for the 9am tour
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions
- Buses are air-conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seater vehicles
Reviewed by: Annabelle F, May 2015
Great tour! The guide was very knowledgeable and interactive with the people. I loved Muir Woods - I went on the 9am tour and I'm glad I did. We were one of the first few there so it was really peaceful and quiet. By the time we left, more people were coming in and the noise level went up especially with the school trips, so it was nice to have those few minutes seeing the area without any disruption. If you want to do the longer trails you'll have to do a whole day tour or go separately - could only do the 30min trail. Overall, good tour for those who want to see Muir Woods and who don't have much time in San Fran. Only stayed for 3 nights.
Reviewed by: Kathie b, May 2015
This tour was amazing!