Kilauea Volcano Small Group Adventure Tour
Stop for a short break and continental-style breakfast before continuing to drop down to near sea-level on the way through Hilo where you'll begin the final climb to the summit of Kilauea Volcano and the lush entrance to Hawaii Volcano National Park. On the way back, the Small Group Hawaii volcano tour travels along the Hamakua Coast and passes through Waimea before returning to Kona. By the end of the day, you'll have traveled over 300 miles (480 km) and experienced an elevation change (you go up and down a few times!) of over 30,000 feet (9,150 meters).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 6:50am - Queen Kaahumanu Highway
- 7:30am - Waikoloa Kings Shops
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Bottled water
- Park entry fee
- Mid-morning snack
- Deli lunch with beverages
- Raingear, day packs and walking sticks
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants under 3 must be carried in a backpack carrier (not provided by tour operator)
- Children under 4 must ride in a car seat (not provided by tour operator)
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven muddy or rocky terrain.
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts or trousers, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
- This tour involves short walks varying in length from 1/2 miles to 2 miles. Longer hikes may be required, if an active lava flow is easily accessible
- Deli-style sandwich choices are: turkey, ham, tuna and veggie. Please advise tour operator at time of reconfirmation. The contact details for the tour operator will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking.
- Please note the default selection is turkey sandwich, if no choice is specified.
Reviewed by: Katie P, August 2014
Due to hurricane this tour had to be rebooked and work around road closures but the company were so helpful and upgraded me to the twilight tour for free. The driver was so informative and I definitely came away with a much better appreciation of volcanoes, Hawaiian plants and legends. Next time I would do it again and hopefully the crater road will be open.
Reviewed by: Trish S, December 2013
This tour was brilliant. We had a fantastic time. Our guide, Matt, was so friendly, welcoming and very knowledgeable and took us to places that were on the tour guide but also managed to stop off at others when we had time. There were only 7 of us on this tour plus Matt so it was great as we didn't get held up waiting for a big group. We did a great hike up Mauna Loa which this tour doesn't always do but it was fascinating being at the top of the largest active volcano and mountain on earth. Would highly recommend this tour. Really well run and great tour guide.