Private Tour: Chianti Region Wine Tasting
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Choose to end your tour here returning to Florence, or complete your private tour with a traditional Tuscan Dinner in a historic village set in the hills (afternoon departure only). Weather permitting you'll dine under the stars, toasting the finest Chianti Wine.
This in-depth, private tour is hosted by an English-speaking driver and a private wine guide during the ancient cellar visit. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so that he or she can prepare for your private tour.
Please note that tours are carried out in different areas of the Chianti region. The trip from Florence to Chianti is approximately 40 minutes each way.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Departure Tour Only
Morning tour in the Chianti region only. Departing at 9:00am
USD $88.92Pricing details
Afternoon Departure Tour Only
Afternoon tour in the Chianti region only. Departing at 2:00pm
USD $88.92Pricing details
Tour & Dinner
Afternoon tour in the Chianti region including dinner. Departing at 2:00pm
USD $166.55Pricing details
Discover the beauty of the Chianti region
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle (Mercedes for 1 to 3 people or minivan for 4 to 8 people)
- English speaking driver
- Wine tasting with snack in a Chianti farm
- Dinner (if option selected)
- Private wine guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Morning or Afternoon tour only duration is 4-hours
- Afternoon tour with dinner duration is 8-hours
2 First Courses: options
- Ribollita (typical vegetable soup)
- Pici all'aglione: (Pasta with dressing made with tomatoes and garlic)
- Taglieatelle al Ragu: (Egg oodles with Bolognese sause)
Second Course: options
- Stracotto al Chianti con Spinach (Stew beef cooked with Chianti wine and spinach)
- Roast pork with potatoes
- Sausage and beans
- Glass of Chianti
- Half litter of mineral water
Reviewed by: Carol H, June 2015
Castle was beautiful, host was gracious and winr was delicious
Reviewed by: Benjamin E, July 2014
Our private tour was amazing! Our guide, Alejandro was excellent. He spoke great English and provided us wonderful information and background throughout the tour. We booked the tour with only a couple days notice and it was on a Sunday yet VIATOR organized a personal tour of one of the wineries still (most are closed on Sundays). We got a tour from the actual wine maker where we started with a few white wines, did the tour, and then sat down (outdoors) for more wine, cheese, and meats. The dinner at La Tappas was fabulous. Would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get outside of downtown Florence and truly experience some of the Tuscan region!