Select a datex
Enjoy this full day trip from Christchurch and visit the beautiful unspoiled old French whaling depot of Akaroa. Travel by road to Akaroa via Sign of the Takahe and Sign of the Kiwi, Governors Bay, Gebbies Pass, Lake Ellesmere, Lake Forsyth, Little River and the Hill Top. A stop will also be made at the cheese factory at Barry's Bay, where you can sample some fine New Zealand cheese.
- Instant Confirmation
- All necessary equipment included
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
On arriving at Akaroa join the 'Canterbury Cat Too' for a cruise on the Akaroa Harbour sighting dolphins, penguins and seals. Prior to your departure you will be equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers. After locating a pod of Hectors Dolphins you will enter the water to swim with these rare and endangered mammals. Following your return to Akaroa village, time will be available for lunch (additional at own expense) and to explore the many fine craft shops and old French colonial buildings prior to your return to Christchurch.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at 5:45pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Akaroa Swim with Dolphins Tour from Christchurch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Live commentary on board
- Cruise on Akaroa Harbour including dolphin swimming with all equipment supplied
- Cheese tasting at Barry's Bay
- Snorkel equipment and wet suit hire
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 8 years and over to swim with the Dolphins
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the water and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.