Immerse yourself in America’s rich history on this small-group guided tour of the country’s ‘front yard’ – the Washington DC National Mall! Visit dozens of famous buildings, monuments and memorials – like the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Smithsonian – and learn the significance behind the area from your expert historian guide. Discover how George Washington commissioned architect and civil engineer Pierre L'Enfant to design the new capital city in 1791, and see how his ‘master plan’ has evolved into an area now encompassing more than 300 acres (121 hectares)!
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Visit some of America’s most famous monuments and memorials on this small-group guided walking tour of the National Mall in Washington DC. Meet your group and expert guide at the Botanic Gardens, and continue to the Smithsonian Castle and Washington Monument while listening to your guide illustrate the significance of these sites in the development of the DC area.
Walk around the Tidal Basin to the Jefferson Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial, and arrive finally at the deeply moving Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Hear the stories behind these structures and learn how they played a role in the city’s revolutionary inception more than 200 years ago. Learn about architect and civil engineer Pierre L'Enfant's city plan for the new US capital, and discover how architect and urban planner Daniel Burnham extended his vision for the Mall into the symbolic urban area we know today.
Some of the sights you'll see include:
- Smithsonian Institution Building
- Lincoln Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- US Capitol Building
- World War II Memorial
- Washington Monument
Small-Group National Mall Walking Tour in Washington DC© Provided by supplier
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Botanic Gardens
- June - Sept: 9am
Oct - May: 10am
Return Details:Concludes at the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 9am
Tour departs at 10am
Small-Group National Mall Walking Tour in Washington DC
- Small-group tour
- Expert/ historian guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children not encouraged
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for