Best Mt Fuji and Aokigahara Forest Day Trip from Tokyo
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Then continue your drive up the mountain, admiring the stunning scenery as you make your way to the 5th station, the highest point on Fuji that can be reached by vehicle. Hop out for 30 to 40 minutes of free time to enjoy the views, take photos, browse the gift shop or visit one of the restaurants, if you wish.
Next, head downhill to a hotel restaurant at the foot of the mountain for lunch (on the way, let your guide know if you prefer a vegetarian meal). Enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch of rice, miso soup, salad and tea, accompanied by seasonal dishes typical of the area, such as fried shrimp and chicken, tofu and pumpkin, and yuba.
After lunch, the second half of your day trip begins as you head to Aokigahara Forest, aka the Sea of Trees, located at the base of Mt Fuji. Known for its unusual topography due to its volcanic makeup, the forest is home to above-ground tree roots, exposed lava flows, scattered chunks of volcanic rock and caves created by volcanic gas that collected below the ground and then exploded.
With your guide, enter the Narusawa Ice Cave, covered year-round by ice. This cave is off-limits to the public, so you’re only allowed to enter with your guide. Walk carefully over the wet, uneven, sometimes-icy surfaces, marveling at the ice formations deep in the cave.
When you leave the cave, you’ll be dropped off at the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park bus stop, where you’ll catch the bus back to Tokyo. Your bus ticket is provided by your guide, and your seat is already assigned and reserved, so don’t worry about waiting in line. While you wait for the bus, you can buy souvenirs or snacks at the concession stand, or check out the amusement park entrance, which is home to a large gift shop where you can buy candy and local wine or even enjoy a round of bowling (you may have an hour or more of wait time, depending on when you leave the cave).
The approximate 2-hour bus ride ends in Tokyo’s Shinjuku precinct, a vibrant shopping and entertainment area that will be busy and lively when you arrive — a great way to end your night!
Sample lunch menu (subject to change):
- Small salad, miso soup, rice
- Fried shrimp and chicken
- Simmered tofu skin, taro root, kabocha pumpkin and fishcake
- Egg and burdock root rolled in chicken and steamed
- Yuba dish (a soybean product made from boiling soy milk — an area specialty)
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup at:
- 8:20am ANA Intercontinental Tokyo
- 7:55am Ariake Washington
- 7:40am Cerulean Tower Tokyu
- 8:10am Conrad Tokyo
- 8:15am Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Ginza
- 8:25am Daiichi Hotel Tokyo
- 8am Four Seasons (Chinzan-so)
- 8am Ginza Capital (Annex)
- 8:25am Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- 8:10am Grand Pacific Le Daiba
- 7:50am Grand Palace
- 8:20am Grand Prince New Takanawa
- 7:55am Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku)
- 7:50am Hyatt Regency
- 8:25am Imperial (Main Bldg)
- 8:30am Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- 8:05am Keio Plaza Tokyo
- 7:50am Mandarin Oriental
- 7:40am Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am New Otani Tokyo(Main Bldg)
- 8:05am New Sanno
- 8:15am Nikko Tokyo
- 8:10am Okura(Main Bldg)
- 8:05am Palace Hotel
- 8:20am Park Hotel Tokyo
- 7:40am Park Hyatt Tokyo
- 8:15am Ritz Carlton Tokyo
- 7:50am Royal Park(near TCAT)
- 8:25am Royal Park Shiodome Tower
- 7:50am Sheraton Miyako Tokyo
- 8:30am Shiba Park
- 8:05am Shinagawa Prince (Main Tower)
- 7:45am Shinjuku Washington
- 8:00am Sunroute Ariake
- 7:30am Sunshine City Prince
- 8:20am Tokyo Dome
- 8:30am Tokyo Prince The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
- 8:20am The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
- 8:15am Tokyo Station (Marunouchi South Exit)
- 7:55am Westin Tokyo
- 8:05am Yaesu Fujiya
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mt Fuji and Aokigahara Forest Day Trip from Tokyo
- Coach ride from Tokyo to Mt Fuji
- Local bus ride from Fuji Highland park to Shinjuku
- Entrance fees and local taxes
- Local guide (guide service ends after ice cave tour in Aokigahara Forest)
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes with rubber soles for walking in the caves, and bring a light jacket for warmth
- Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions; no refund will be given in the event that the weather limits the views of Mt Fuji
- In the rare instance when the cave visit is canceled, alternative touring arrangements will be offered, including returning to Tokyo by bullet train; the remaining tour balance will be refunded to you
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered or meet directly at the meeting point
Reviewed by: Destany L, June 2015
The tour was amazing to Mt. Fuji and the ice cave. It was awesome that Mt. Fuji was visible that day so I got some great pictures and the ice cave was more than we expected, so neat climbing 100meters down into it. Would recommend to anyone wanting a fun day.
Reviewed by: Adedoyin A, May 2015
Great tour! The best part was definitely the forest / cave tour, amazing! need to be fit to enjoy the climb and wear good water proof hiking boots because it's wet and slippery.