Discover the faded charm of Tokyo’s Kagurazaka neighborhood, with its cobblestone streets and traditional architecture. On this guided walking tour, wander the neighborhood and to see the remnants of this former geisha district. Visit the numerous shrines, historical buildings and points of interest as you get a local look into Japanese culture.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
See a quieter side of Tokyo on a walking tour of the Kagurazaka neighborhood. With your local guide, walk along the many alleyways and lanes off the main street, and enjoy a glimpse back in time to the era of the geisha. The beautiful neighborhood of Kargurazaka was known in the early 1900s for its geisha houses, some of which still remain today.
Your walking tour starts with a visit to the Tokyo Daijingu Shrine, considered to be lucky for those seeking romance. Then stroll Kagurazaka Street past traditional Japanese stores. See the Zenkokuji Temple with its striking red pillars, and walk along the old stone steps, past the onsen (hot baths), to reach the Wakamiya Hachimangu Shrine.
Next, spend some time on Oguri Yokocho, a narrow street named after the Oguri family, a powerful clan during the Edo era. Unlike busy Kagurazaka Street, this area is quieter and more intimate, with residential houses located among the cafes and restaurants. Continue your tour by walking past the former Geisha Association office and through more small laneways to the areas of Kakurenbo Yokocho and Hyogo Yokocho, where you will find small hole-in-the-wall restaurants, izakayas (bars) and perhaps even a geisha or two.
Take the subway back to the Keio Plaza Hotel, where your tour concludes.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Keio Plaza Hotel, Shinjuku
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Edo Kagurazaka Walking Tour
- Walking tour of Kaguazaka area
- Local guide
- Round-trip subway train ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Tokyo Sumo Wrestling Tournament
Kyoto and Nara 2-Day or 3-Day Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
Kagurazaka Walking Tour
Tokyo Bay Dinner Cruise
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for