A must-do Sydney Opera House experience for lovers of ballet! This guided evening tour of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Opera House also includes a 3-course dinner at either the Guillaume or Aria Restaurant (two of Sydney's best!) and an Australian Ballet Company performance. You can choose from performances such as Don Quixote, Vanguard, La Sylphide and the much loved Cinderella.
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Likely to Sell Out
- Several menus to choose from
- Free drinks included
You will begin the evening with a guided tour of Sydney Opera House followed by a three course pre-theatre dinner in either Guillaume at Bennelong or Aria Restaurants. A performance by the Australian Ballet will complete your Red Carpet experience. You will receive an exclusive Sydney Opera House gift to take away as a souvenir.
The Australian Ballet has a diverse and exciting repertoire of full-length classic ballets and contemporary works from leading international and Australian choreographers. This internationally acclaimed company is hailed for its vibrancy and technical style.
Likely to Sell-out! Sydney Opera House and Australian Ballet Dinner Package regularly sells out weeks in advance. Book now to avoid disappointment
Refer to the "View Additional Info" link below for the Opera Theatre seating map
Sydney Opera House
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Sydney Opera House
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; A Reserve seating for Australian Ballet Performance at Sydney Opera House
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Guillaume Restaurant; A Reserve seating for Australian Ballet Performance at Sydney Opera House
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; B Reserve seating for Australian Ballet Performance at Sydney Opera House
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Guillaume Restaurant; B Reserve seating for Australian Ballet Performance at Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House and Australian Ballet Dinner Package
- Guided Sydney Opera House tour
- 3-course dinner
- A-reserve seating to a world-class Ballet performance
- Interval drink (including a choice of spirits and cocktails) at one of the theater bars
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Itinerary:The evening begins with the a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House, then afterwards, you will be taken to your chosen restaurant for a pre theatre dinner and then the Ballet, as per your choice from the options below.
2013 Performances at the Sydney Opera House:
The plot centers on the adventures of Don Quixote and his squire, Sancho Panza on a quest to find Dulcinea the girl of his dreams. The high-spirited lovers Kitri and Basilio are also on a quest, to end up together and foil the plot by Kitri’s father to marry her to a nobleman. When Don Quixote and Kitri’s paths cross mayhem follows, in a storm, a vision, lots of high-jinks and a little emotional blackmail, where ballet’s funniest happy ending is achieved. This is a great ballet for seasoned followers and first timers alike.
Performance dates: April 5, 6 ,8, 9, 10 , 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24
This stirring triple bill is contemporary ballet at its spectacular best. George Balanchine, one of the 20th century’s most influential artists, uses the Ancient Greek notion of 'temperament' that rule the human body to shape a work of stark geometries and distinct moods. Jiřί Kylián brings his insight and invention to Bella Figura, featuring his stunningly theatrical, swirling flame-red skirts. Wayne McGregor, resident choreographer of The Royal Ballet, tests the very limits of movement in the laboratory-white set of Dyad 1929.
Performance dates: April 30, May 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
In 1836, La Sylphide revolutionized ballet, putting women en pointe and giving audiences their first glimpse of the romantic ballerina – unattainable and unearthly. The story follows James, a dreamer, who is fascinated by a woodland nymph and is intent on capturing the ethereal beauty for his own. To do so, he accepts the help of a vengeful witch, who leads him to his downfall. This poignant two-act work will be paired with Marius Petipa’s glittering party piece Paquita, where the dancers showcase their technique.
Performance dates: November 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25
This all-time favorite is getting a make-over! Alexei Ratmansky, resident choreographer of American Ballet Theatre, is creating a new version of Cinderella, set to Prokofiev’s beguiling score and featuring surrealism-inspired sets and costumes. This new Cinderella will be eagerly awaited both here and abroad!
Performance dates: November 29, December 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18
Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Guillaume at Bennelong
Situated in the southern sail of the Sydney Opera House, diners sit beneath Joern Utzon's vaulted concrete "ribs". Both the restaurant and the bar offer spectacular views of Sydney Harbour, the Bridge, Royal Botanic Gardens, Circular Quay and the city. Guillaume's superbly crafted dishes and the establishment's commitment to providing world class service, combines to offer a truly exceptional dining experience.
- Freshly shucked pacific oysters with shallot vinegar
- Blue swimmer crab with cucumber, avocado, capsicum coulis and coriander vinaigrette
- Tomato gazpacho with 20 year old balsamic vinegar
- Salad of beetroot and asparagus served with croutons, spring onions, goats curd and baby mache
- Steak tartare with pomme gaufrettes
- Country style terrine served with mustard, cornichons and toasted sourdough
- Seared scallops served on a bed of pea and ham hock puree with Shimeji mushrooms and jus gras
- Sealed grainfed beef tenderloin with tombe of field mushrooms, spinach and confit of shallot with merlot sauce
- Roasted Barramundi with carrot and ginger puree, coriander and pomme allumette
- Char grilled King Salmon with a salad of fennel, broad beans, asparagus and herb vinaigrette
- Pea tortellini with baby leeks, asparagus and light tarragon butter
- Duck leg confit with baby peas, baby cos, speck and shallot butter
- Trio of Sorbet
- Warm chocolate tart
- Raspberry macaron with fresh raspberries and raspberry sorbet
- Creme brulee with passionfruit and banana passionfruit sorbet
- Selection of cheese
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters. Half dozen, with thai basil and Banyuls dressing
- Heirloom carrots with green lentils, sheep milk yoghurt and sherry vinegar
- Scallops roasted with kimchi puree, silken tofu, steamed eggplant and tapioca crisps
- Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms
- Kurobuta pork belly with pork croquette and caramelized apple
- Quinoa crusted celeriac with grilled baby leeks, fried camembert, fregola and salsa verde
- Crisp skin Barramundi with fzucchini, lemon and pine nuts
- Roasted fillet of salmon with fennel, orange and watercress
- Roast lamb rump with garlic soubise, baby fennel and mint gel
- Grass fed scotch fillet with lyonnaise potatoes, green asparagus with a bone marrow and cornichon sauce
- Brandy snap mille feuille with caramelised bananas, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce
- Black currant jelly with poached peaches, quinoa tuille and vanilla ice cream
- Valrhona "Caramelin" mousse with candied cumquats, gold leaf and pecans
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Sydney Taronga Zoo General Entry Ticket and Wild Australia Experience
Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter
Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
Sydney Airport Private Arrival Transfer
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for