This popular kayak tour will allow you to kayak the La Jolla sea caves and ecological reserve, which boasts an amazing array of scenery and wildlife you can't find anywhere else in San Diego. As you paddle alongside your expert naturalist/biologist guide, keep an eye out for sea lions, dolphins and even an orca!
No experience is needed! Your knowledgable guide will help you learn the basics and tour you around one of the premier eco-tourist destinations in San Diego.
After a brief paddle instruction and safety talk, you'll take your kayak down to the beach in La Jolla Shores and paddle to the La Jolla Sea Caves taking in the gorgeous views and watching for the abundant wildlife. You'll also go through the incredible rock formations and caves (if conditions permit), through the expansive kelp forests and wildlfie hot spots and cap it all off with a kayak surf ride back to the beach.
You can see numerous types of sea birds and usually sea lions, seals and sometimes dolphins or even orcas!
What to Expect: Be prepared to get wet! For safety reasons, the tour operator does not guarantee going into the caves on tours. Entrance to caves based on ocean conditions, safety and participants ability as determined by guide.
This tour is recommended for ages 6 and up. Participants must be able to swim.
La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Avenida de la Playa, La Jolla
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am departure, single kayak. Price is per person, per kayak.
10:30am departure, tandem kayak. Only 2 passengers allowed per kayak.
2:30pm departure, single kayak. Price is per person, per kayak.
2:30pm departure, tandem kayak. Only 2 passengers allowed per kayak.
La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak Tour
- Kayaks (single or tandems) and Paddle
- Life jacket
- Professional guide
- Wet suit rentals are offered during fall, winter and spring
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring: Expect to get wet. Bring: shoes that can get wet (Tevas, tennis shoes, 'river shoes' or flip flops), bathing suit and or drip dry shorts/shirt, hat, sun screen. Bring a 'leash' for valuable glasses. You can leave a towel and dry clothes at our shop or in your vehicle. Please DO NOT bring valuables and things that cannot get wet: cell phones, pagers, car keys, non-waterproof watches, non-waterproof cameras
- Free parking is available on the side streets. The spots marked 'two-hour' parking are NOT RECOMMENDED (not enough time)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay price for second passenger directly to operator upon check-in.
- There is a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for