Best Rotorua Eco Thermal Small Group Full-Day Tour
Tour Rotorua's most popular geothermal parks and colorful lakes on a day trip led by a local naturalist guide. You'll see the Lady Knox Geyser erupt, visit the Lake Tarawera lookout and see boiling mud pools and hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. Along the way, you'll learn all about volcanology, New Zealand's stunning flora and fauna, and Maori history from your naturalist guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
Your day trip takes you through forestry and farmland to New Zealand's largest boiling mud pool and a series of colorful hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. After seeing the Lady Knox geyser erupt, you'll take a short drive to the Waimangu volcanic valley, where your guide will tell you about the Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular, bush-covered, geothermal park.
Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) and Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) are amazingly clear and colorful lakes, and their gorgeous scenery make them a favorite stop for visitors. You'll also visit the Buried Village, the site of a Maori village that was destroyed during the Tarawera volcanic eruption. You'll then take a walk through beautiful native bush to a waterfall and the Lake Tarawera lookout.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rotorua Eco Thermal Small Group Full-Day Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local naturalist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Small group tour, maximum 12 people
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
Reviewed by: wytze, May 2015
Trent was the best tourgide i have ever had
Reviewed by: Graham H, March 2015
Trent was a great guide, very knowledgeable, generous spirited and very good value. Glad we took the full day tour rather than the half day because we got to see so much more of the local area and another geyser.