Classical Rome City Tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
The centro storico was made for carefree strolling, with a myriad of cobbled footpaths and picturesque piazzas, lined by buzzing pavement-side cafés. Baroque churches, fountains and palazzos built during the Renaissance are scattered around, adding to the oh-so-Roman charm that abounds.
Amble to Trevi Fountain, hearing about its coin-throwing traditions from your guide, and then stop to throw one in yourself. Do it according to legend: throw one coin to visit Rome again, two coins to fall in love with an Italian, and a third coin to marry one! After posing for photos in front of the dazzling masterpiece, stroll over to the Column of Marcus Aurelius, and then walk over to Palazzo di Montecitorio -- an elegant Bernini-designed palace that is now used as a parliament building.
Head inside Rome Pantheon and marvel at the interior of the city’s best-preserved ancient monument. Officially a church, the Pantheon contains several tombs of eminent Italians, like the Renaissance genius Raphael. Pose for pictures from the outside and then walk from Piazza della Rotonda to Piazza Navona to admire its lavish Bernini fountains.
Hop back on board your coach and end your tour back at the start point. Alternatively, request a drop-off at one of four different locations; simply let your guide know on the day.
Want to see more of Rome? Upgrade to the full-day tour, and after your morning tour, spend a couple of hours at leisure for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at a pre-arranged time for your afternoon tour. By coach and on foot, see the sights of Imperial Rome, including Piazza de Campidoglio on Capitoline Hill, Circus Maximus, and the Church of St Peter in Chains. Finish with a skip-the-line Colosseum tour.
Full-Day Tour with Lunch:
Upgrade to the full-day tour and include lunch at a restaurant close to Vatican City or Termini Station in between your morning and afternoon tour.
Hotel pickup is available; please click on ‘View Additional Info’ below to see the Rome hotels that are included in this service.
Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30-60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour of Rome's centro storico
USD $45.37Pricing details
Tour of Rome's centro storico in the morning, followed by an Imperial Rome tour in the afternoon
USD $108.89Pricing details
Full-Day Tour with Lunch
Tour of Rome's centro storico in the morning, followed by lunch and an Imperial Rome tour in the afternoon
USD $141.79Pricing details
Piazza Navona on the Classical Rome Tour
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
- Inside visit of St Peter's Basilica is included, except during religious celebrations or special events
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
- Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration
until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain
will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be
drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins
into the fountain for luck
Reviewed by: Leann Z, December 2014
A great day with a great guide. There is SO MUCH art in Rome (and all of Italy, really) that the guide could be talking every second of the tour. I think they do a good job covering the highlights. If you majored in art history, you're going to know more than everyone else on the tour -- but you'll enjoy yourself, too.
Reviewed by: Gillian v, December 2014
A wonderful experience. Walking tours are so much fun. Our guide Max is amazing. He has so much knowledge and a great sense of humor and I love the way he talks with his hands. I would recommend this to everyone.