Beginning with a visit to a warm sandy pool, where a dozen or more gentle stingrays sweep the bottom with their velvety wings, you will glide across the surface of the pool with a mask and snorkel. Reach out and touch the backs of these friendly sea creatures! These gentle creatures no longer have their stingers, so you're perfectly safe to swim and enjoy the sensation of their graceful bodies moving around you.
Ever dreamt of getting up close with an ocean predator? Book a Shark and Stingray Encounter today to experience what very few people are unfortunate enough to encounter in the wild! This tour is something only few people get to experience!
Of all marine creatures, none is more fascinating than the shark! Ocean World is the only marine park in the world to offer guests the chance to hold, to touch and to explore the deep sea secrets of the nurse shark. Under the close supervision of trained staff members, you will touch, hold, feed and ultimately swim with a small school of adult nurse sharks. These magnificent creatures, some as long as 7ft, will amaze you with their sandpapery skin, their fearsome teeth and their relaxed attitude towards humans, giving you an understanding and an appreciation of this beautiful and awe-inspiring creature that very few people will ever share! This is truly the adventure of a lifetime and a rare opportunity to meet nature on its own breathtaking terms.
Combine with a Dolphin Swim Program
Dolphin Swim: The Dolphin Swim is the most popular program at Ocean World, it ultimately gives you the chance to experience a truly personal encounter with the dolphins. For 30 minutes you will spend some special moments in the water with the dolphins, sharing a kiss, hugging, dancing, feeding, petting and swimming. A 'human hurdle' and a spectacular dorsal fin tow will finish off the program!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
An experience like no other!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Cofresi and Maimon hotels. A surcharge is charged for passengers transferring from Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon (payable direct and only available on certain days).
- Stingray Encounters operate at the following times:
Shark Encounters operate at the following times:
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
30-minute snorkel with stingrays & sharks with the chance to touch & feed the animals
30-minute snorkel with stingrays & sharks with the chance to touch & feed the animals; 30-minute swim with dolphins including a dolphin kiss, hugging, dancing, feeding & petting
Touch one of the most fearsome creatures of the ocean!
- Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
- 30 minute Shark and Stingray Encounter Program
- Dolphin Swim (if Combo option is selected at time of booking)
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Swimming in Tiger Grotto
- Sea Lion Shows (twice per day)
- Rainforest and Bird Exhibits
- Observation of all Dolphin and Sea Lion Interactive Programs
- Use of Dolphin Beach (beach lounge chairs included)
- Use of the Aquaglide water playground
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dolphin Swim is ONLY included if the Combination Option is selected at time of booking
- Lunch (Buffet available for an additional US$14 booked and paid direct)
- Transfer Surcharge (if staying in Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A Buffet Lunch option is available for US$14 per person. Please book the Lunch Buffet when you call to reconfirm your tour
- The total duration for the Shark and Stingray Encounter is approximately 1 hour
- Please Note: Pregnant passengers are not permitted to participate in any encounter / interactive programs
- Children aged 5 years and under are not permitted to participate in the Shark and Stingray Encounter
- Children aged 6 - 12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult in the same session
Park Schedule (subject to change)
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Shared Round-Trip Transfer: Puerto Plata International Airport
Ocean World Dolphin Swim
Ocean World Puerto Plata Day Pass
Dominican Outback Safari
Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for