Don’t waste your precious vacation time in New York City in long ticket lines! The Skip the Line: Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Walking Tour combines two of America’s must-see historical landmarks in one memorable morning of sightseeing in New York City. Accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide, you'll tour the city and enjoy a 1-hour cruise of New York Harbor. Though Liberty and Ellis Islands are closed until July 4, 2013 due to damages from Hurricane Sandy, this comprehensive tour continues to be the best way to enjoy these historic landmarks.
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Skip the line
This exceptional New York City tour begins in Midtown Manhattan, where you will meet your guide and board the subway for the short journey to Battery Park. On your walking tour through Lower Manhattan, you'll discover the heartbeat of world finance of Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange. Your professional, licensed guide will also visit the Trinity Church and St. Paul's Chapel with its stirring 9/11 rescue exhibits.
After bypassing the crowds through the priority access security line, you’ll swiftly board the ferry to Liberty Island, home of the world-famous Statue of Liberty. Your tour guide will provide commentary about the history, significance, construction and restoration of one of America’s most famed monuments, which was donated by the people of France in 1886.
On the 1-hour narrated harbor cruise aboard the official Statue of Liberty ferry, you'll experience the closest possible views of the Lady Liberty and Ellis Island for photos and sightseeing. You’ll learn from your knowledgeable guide the history of Ellis Island, the gateway for immigrants credited as the root of almost half the American population today.
In just over five memorable hours, you will view and learn about two of the most important historical landmarks in the United States, and enjoy wonderful views of the Manhattan skyline!
PLEASE NOTE: Liberty and Ellis Islands are scheduled to reopen July 4, 2013! Until the two islands re-open, the tour will view the Statue of Liberty up close by Statue Cruises ferry boats. Tour will not disembark onto Liberty or Ellis Islands and current itinerary details reflect that change.
For tours after July 4, 2013 the itinerary will include these changes:
The ferry will disembark on the islands. Enjoy a tour of Ellis Island featuring sites such as the Wall of Honor and the Great Hall. Get up close with Lady Liberty, with your included entry to the Statue of Liberty Museum and Pedestal.
Ellis Island, New York
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Midtown Manhattan
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Skip the Line: Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Walking Tour
- Guided walking tour
- Priority ticketing and boarding
- 1-hour narrated harbor cruise
- Escort by a licensed New York City tour guide
- Return subway ticket from Midtown Manhattan to Battery Park ferry terminal
- Round-trip ferry tickets
- Additional audio guided tour of Ellis Island (offered in 9 languages)
- Gratuities (optional)
- NOTE: Liberty and Ellis Islands are scheduled to reopen July 4, 2013. Current itinerary reflects tours departing prior to July 4. This tour continues to be the most comprehensive way to enjoy these historic landmarks
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Beginning July 4, 2013: security screening will take place on Ellis Island and again prior to entering the Statue of Liberty. Security is managed by the United States Park Police and visitors to the park are required to undergo airport-style security screening and all persons and property are subject to search
- This tour is offered in English. For your consideration, the additional Ellis Island Audio Guided tour is offered in nine other languages
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for