See the best of the Italian Riviera on your Genoa and Portofino full-day trip from Milan! After a guided walking tour of Genoa, explore the best bits of these contrasting coastal towns at your leisure. Combine maritime history at Genoa with glamorous Portofino seaside scenery on this memorable day trip from Milan!
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Leave Milan early in the morning and enjoy a comfortable two-hour drive by luxury coach to the coastal town of Genoa (known in Italian as Genova), approximately two hours south of Milan. As the birthplace of Sir Christopher Columbus, Genoa has an interesting history, and you’ll learn all about the city's intriguing past during a two-hour guided walking tour. Known locally as ‘La Superba’ (the ‘Superb One’), Genoa boasts a rich maritime history and countless landmarks!
After your Genoa walking tour, spend some time exploring independently. Your guide can offer recommendations for a relaxing lunch (own expense) or you can decide to check out more Genoa attractions. Some of the fascinating sites you could visit include the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Town, Piazza de Ferrari and the Palace of the Doges.
In the afternoon, continue to Santa Margherita Ligure, just southeast of Genoa. This beautiful, old-fashioned seaside town sits on a part of the coast known as the Dolphin Gulf, named for the schools of dolphins often seen in the area. Here, take a scenic boat ride across the gulf to the fishing village of Portofino.
Spend approximately two hours exploring Portofino at your leisure, and discover the beauty of this small resort featuring a stunning harbor and pastel-colored waterfront houses. Favored as a holiday destination by Italy's rich and famous, Portofino is the ideal place to people spot or simply soak up the scenery. Head to Castello Brown, the city’s 16th-century castle. If you visit on a clear day, you'll be rewarded with views across the Mediterranean Sea of the lush mountains of Corsica.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the bus stop located at Foro Bonaparte
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Genoa and Portofino Day Trip from Milan
- Professional guide
- 2-hour Genoa walking tour
- Roundtrip boat ride from Santa Margherita Ligure to Portofino
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan Walking Tour with da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' Tickets
Lake Maggiore Day Trip from Milan
Genoa and Portofino Day Trip from Milan
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour with da Vinci's 'The Last Supper'
Lake Como Day Trip from Milan
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for