On a day trip from Melbourne, be amazed by the natural beauty of Wilsons Promontory National Park, the largest coastal wilderness area in Victoria. Known locally as The Prom, the park boasts pristine white beaches, rainforests and excellent walking tracks, and it is home to many native Australian animals. There is plenty of time to take in the park's spectacular coastal scenery and natural beauty on guided bush and rainforest walks.
Affectionately known as The Prom, Wilsons Promontory National Park is one of Victoria’s most loved and cherished natural attractions. Situated at the southernmost point of mainland Australia, the promontory has been a national park since 1898 and contains the largest coastal wilderness area in Victoria.
As the best way to explore the park is on foot, you will be guided along some spectacular easy- to medium-graded tracks. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to take photos and, if you’re lucky, you may get up-close views of kangaroos, wombats or even emus.
Walk along Squeaky Beach, where the pure white quartz sand sings under your feet. Soak up the amazing vistas and beauty of the region.
Please note: It takes approximately three hours to drive each way, with plenty of stops to stretch your legs.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:570 Flinders Street, Melbourne
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 9.00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children and infants
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Tour of Melbourne
Great Ocean Road Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne
Phillip Island Penguin Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
Melbourne Lanes and Arcades Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for