Join in the fun and action of the Melbourne’s Spring Racing Carnival with a Melbourne river cruise to Flemington Racecourse. Enjoy all the excitement of The Derby, Oaks Day and the infamous Melbourne Cup, the race that stops a nation!
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Buffet lunch included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free drinks included
Cruise the Yarra River to Flemington aboard a decorated cruiser. You’ll be welcomed aboard with a glass of Australian sparkling wine, and during the cruise enjoy morning and afternoon tea, a gourmet buffet lunch and unlimited drinks. Study the form guide on the sun deck or just relax and admire the views. The fun doesn't stop when the races have finished, as the party continues with entertainment by our onboard DJ as you travel back to the Melbourne City Marina.
Important! Please note we are currently sold out. Please check back soon for next year’s rates and availability.
Melbourne Spring Racing, Buffet
We're sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Departure Point:Melbourne City Marina, Docklands
9.30am Melbourne Cup and Derby Day – please board at 9.00am
10.15am Oaks Day – please board at 9.30am
Return Details:Depart Flemington Racecourse
5:30pm for all race days, returning to the Melbourne City Marina at 6.15pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival
- A decorated cruiser for the entire race day, docked adjacent to the entrance gate
- Return cruise to Flemington Racecourse from the Melbourne City Marina
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Selection of premium Australian red, white and sparkling wines, heavy and light beer, basic spirits, soft drinks, mineral water and orange juice
- Gourmet stand up buffet including a selection of the freshest seafood, cold platters, salads and desserts
- Television monitors for race viewing on board
- Souvenir race book
- Entertainment on the return back to the city
- Entrance fees into Flemington Racecourse
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children aged 15 years and under are not permitted on Oaks Day, Derby Day and Melbourne Cup cruises
- Men - collared shirts and dress shoes
- Ladies - semi formal to formal
Itinerary:Flemington is the oldest and best-known racecourse in Australia with races held every year since 1840. The highlight of the racing calendar is the Spring Racing Carnival which features the main events of Derby Day, Oaks Day, Melbourne Cup and Stakes Day. Flowers, especially roses are an important part of the week's racing at Flemington, with each of the major race days having their own official flower.
Derby Day - Victoria Derby Day kicks off the Spring Racing Carnival in style. Traditionally black and white are worn on this day by women and morning suits by men. The flower of the day is a blue Corn Flower.
Melbourne Cup - It’s Melbourne Cup and time for the Race that stops a Nation! See fortunes won and lost and history made on the first Tuesday of November every year. Join in the fun and soak up the atmosphere as the entire nation stops to watch the Race at 3.00pm. The flower of the day is a Yellow Rose.
Oaks Day - Also known as ladies day, Oaks Day is more famous for “fashions on the field” than the horse racing! This is the time to dress to impress with large hats and fascinators. The flower of the day is a Pink rose.
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Tour of Melbourne
Great Ocean Road Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne
Phillip Island Penguin Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne
Melbourne Lanes and Arcades Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for