This tour will take you on a journey to some of the many royal residences of Portugal witnessing the history of the monarchs that once ruled one of the oldest nations in Europe. The first stop of the day will be in the Queluz Palace. This once small hunting pavilion was transformed into an exuberant rocaille summer residence and still today is the official residence of the Portuguese President of the Republic guests.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
After a stroll in the gardens of the Queluz Palace you will continue your journey to Mafra where something amazing is waiting for you. Starting with plans to a small monastery thanking God for a healthy heir, John V's extravagant wishes led to an enormous structure composed by a Royal Palace, a Monastery and a Basilica in an ensemble of more than 600 rooms, 5200 doors and windows and the largest bells carillon in the world!
After the visit of such an inspiring building it's time to slow down the pace of your tour by having a delightful lunch break in the small fishing town of Ericeira where the waves of the Atlantic will accompany you during your meal.
During the afternoon it will be time to continue your royal journey to Sintra, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In the old city centre the old chalets and small manor houses are the perfect background for a stroll and a look in one the many local handicraft shops.
At the top of the mountain is located one of the highlights of Sintra: the 19th century Pena Palace, one of the extravaganzas of the Portuguese royalty. If you prefer something even older then the Vila Palace is the perfect place showing its antiquity in an outstanding collection of glazed tiles, furniture and paintings. After such a fulfilling day it's time to return back to Lisbon and to your hotel.
Seteais Palace, Portugal
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from centrally located Lisbon hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes at original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Quelez Palace, Portugal
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Entrance fees to the monuments, as the visit are optional
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
Fátima, Nazaré and Óbidos Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
Experience Lisbon: Small-Group Walking Tour with Food and Wine Tastings
Lisbon Super Saver: 2-Day Sintra, Cascais, Fatima, Nazare and Obidos Small-Group Day Trips
Lisbon Guided Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for