Deluxe Grand Canyon South Rim Airplane Tour
Book with us and save 12% compared to the local operator's price!
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Upgrade and add on a 25-minute helicopter flight to fly over 55 miles the widest and deepest part of the Grand Canyon. The views are breathtaking. During your flight you will see the Tower of Ra, Dragon Corridor, Kaibab National Forest and the mighty Colorado River.
Please note: the listed price does not include a USD 15.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
November 3 to March 17: 10am
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
8am: Air and Ground Tour
8am departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour
8am: Tour with Helicopter
8am departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour with 25-minute helicopter flight
10am: Air and Ground Tour
10am departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour
10am: Tour with Helicopter
10am departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour with 25-minute helicopter flight
2pm: Air and Ground Tour
2pm departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour
2pm: Tour with Helicopter
2pm departure for the South Rim airplane and ground tour with 25-minute helicopter flight
Deluxe Grand Canyon South Rim Airplane Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Lunch:Turkey sandwich, chips, cookie and bottle of water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Please note: the listed price does not include a USD 15.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Confirmation will be received as soon as possible
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg or 21 stone) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Please note: dependent on aircraft used, window seats may or may not be available. Seats are assigned based on weights and balance of the aircraft
- Children under the age of 2 are considered lap children. Proof of age will be required at the time of check-in. Please bring a copy of a birth certificate or passport.
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
Reviewed by: simon j, August 2015
Fantastic experience -the pilots of both the plane and helicopter where friendly and enhanced what was definitely a highlight - not just of this holiday but will be in the memory forever
Reviewed by: Jayne H, August 2015
In summary, this was an excellent and really well organised trip.
We were staying in Vegas and were looking at doing the West Rim helicopter trip which gives you 45 minutes each way with a short landing in the middle. But having read other reviews which said that the South Rim was more spectacular, then we opted for this trip, which was only a little more money.
One thing that was hard to find when booking was a full itinerary, so hope this helps by the way the underlying tour company was Maverick:
- Picked up at 12:30 at our hotel and then about a 20 min commute to Henderson Airport
- As soon as we got there we were immediately checked in and then had a pleasant 25 min wait in the lobby where there was a cafe and small shop and plenty of seating
- Then everyone was grouped together by aircraft and we all left together in 3 small planes, where everyone had a window seat
- Flight time was just short of an hour, but once we were cruising, we were allowed to head up to the cockpit to chat the the pilots and they also took selifies with us direct in the cockpit which was excellent.
- You could see the Hoover dam and Lake Mead, although from a distance, but the remainder of the landscape was mainly desert.
- Once landed the buses were waiting for a short 5 min ride to the end of the airfield where we were boarded pretty much straight away onto the waiting helicopters
- The 45 helicopter ride was spectacular and we saw loads of the grand canyon, with views like you see on postcards
- Then back on the bus and a 25 min ride into the national park and we were dropped at a lodge for an hour which is right on the rim
- We then got an hour to wander right on the rim and take some photos of the amazing view
- Then commute back, straight on the awaiting planes, then shuttles back to hotels
There was hardly any waiting around in between stops and the views from the helicopter and then our walk at the end were stunning. Highly recommend this tour!