Explore historic Malacca, the oldest trading port in Malaysia, and discover its many Portuguese influences. Walk up St. Paul's Hill and see the ruins of St. Paul's church, explore the historical structure of Stadthuys, visit the famous gateway of A Famosa (Porta de Santiago), and enter the oldest Chinese temple in Malaysia, Cheng Hoon Teng. Enjoy a local lunch of typical Nyonya cuisine and meander along the antique row of Jonker Street. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will bring out the history enthusiast in you.
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your tour will begin with a pickup from your Kuala Lumpur hotel, after which, travel approximately two hours south of the city to historical Malacca, the oldest trading port in Malaysia that has undergone Portuguese, Dutch and English rule. Visit Stadthuys (Dutch Square) first to see this historical structure built by the Dutch occupants in the 1600s. Then, take a walk up St. Paul's Hill for a panoramic view of Malacca and its straits and the old town of Bandar Hilir.
Here, take in the view of the historic ruins of St Paul's Church, quaintly lined by 17th century Dutch tombstones. Midway through the day, stop at a local restaurant to enjoy a typical Nyonya lunch, getting a gastronomic taste of Malaysia. After a full meal, take a delightful stroll along the "antique row" of Jonker Street with visitors and locals alike.
Then, visit the famous A Famosa fortress, of which remains only the Porta de Santiago, a small gateway that offers another poignant reminder of Portuguese influence in this region. Before returning to your hotel, make a final stop at Cheng Hoon Teng, oldest Chinese temple in Malaysia and, time permitting, make a photo stop at Morten Village for a view of a typical Malay village.
End your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.
Special Offer! - Book and travel before March 31, 2014, and save up to 23% on the recommended retail rate - Book Now!
Red House, Malacca
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Departs from your Kuala Lumpur hotel (select hotels only)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Fort de Santiago, Malacca
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Private Tour: Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur International Airport Departure Transfer
Private Tour: Kuala Lumpur Nature In The City Tour including Butterfly Park
Eat Like a Local: Kuala Lumpur Hawker Center and Street Food Tour by Night
Small-Group Food Trail Walking Tour in Kuala Lumpur
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for