Private Tour: Longsheng Culture and Longji Rice Terraces
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Climb up to the summit of the Longji Rice Terraces at an elevation of 2,886 feet (880 meters). A half-hour hike up offers an amazing panoramic vista of this incredible feat of farm engineering. The terraced fields were first built in the Yuan Dynasty, when the Zhuang people were forced to flee to the mountains. In order to continue farming on the mountains, the Zhuang people turned the mountains into farmland by creating terraced fields where the farmers could grow rice.
From the peak, the terraced rice fields resemble the backbone of a dragon twisting and turning into the distance. The terraces divide the mountain into multiple layers. Tiers of water glisten in the sun during the spring; lush green rice shoots appear in the summer; layers of golden rice flourish in the fall; and layers of snow cover the terraces in the winter.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Longji Rice Terraces
- Private vehicle for hotel pickup, drop-off and sightseeing
- Transportation to and from Longsheng County and Longji Rice Terrace Fields
- English-speaking private guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking