Watch whales and swim with dolphins. This is a overnight delight for all those who wish to get close to nature. Journey from Christchurch to Kaikoura, where you will take a whale watch tour. Overnight in this tiny coastal town, before joining your Swim with Dolphins cruise. Dive into the oceans and swim next to these amazing mammals. A marine experience unmatched by any other.
- Instant Confirmation
- Multi-Day Trip
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Snorkel gear included
Day 1: Christchurch - Kaikoura
Travel by coach through the rolling hill country of North Canterbury, enjoying the beauty of its rural pastoral scenes, to Kaikoura where mountains meet sea (a journey of approximately three hours by coach). Kaikoura is world renowned for the variety of marine mammals which can be seen, not least of all the giant sperm whales and the acrobatic Dusky Dolphins.
On arrival in Kaikoura you will be transferred to a whale watch tour by boat. This afternoon is free to explore Kaikoura.
Overnight Accommodation: 5-star accommodation The Anchor Inn (or similar). Kaikoura's newest motel on the waterfront, opened in November 1997, offers 15 architecturally designed motel units all fully self-contained. The motel is centrally located within the township on the waterfront and most rooms enjoy mountain or sea views.
Day 2: Kaikoura / Christchurch
This morning join the Swim with Dolphins Cruise with Dolphin Encounter. You will be fully equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers in order to swim in the sea with the Dusky Dolphins. There will be the opportunity during the day to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters. Returning to Christchurch this afternoon (a journey of approximately three hours by coach), a stop will be made at a North Canterbury vineyard where a wine tasting has been arranged for your pleasure.
Enjoy a wine tasting tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm on Day 2
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kaikoura Whale and Dolphin Overnight Tour from Christchurch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Overnight accommodation in a 5-star hotel
- Whale watch tour by boat
- Fur seal colony viewing
- Swim with Dolphins
- Use of snorkel equipment
- North Canterbury vineyard visit and wine tasting
- GST (Goods and Services Tax
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note, infants under 3 years of age may not join the cruises but may travel on the light aircraft tours.
Kaikoura Whale Watch Refund Policy:
- Once the tour has commenced only the unused portion of the tour will be refunded should the boats not sail or the planes not fly.
- If due to whale sightings or weather conditions the boat offers a partial refund, this refund will be passed on to our customers.
- If whale watch is undertaken by light aircraft and no whales are seen, no refund applies.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Christchurch Airport Arrival Transfer - To Hotels
Kaikoura Whale Watch Day Tour from Christchurch
Arthur's Pass National Park with TranzAlpine Train Small Group Tour from Christchurch
Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
Akaroa Harbour and Banks Peninsula Eco Marine Harbour Cruise Small Group Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for