Travel by road on a full day tour from Christchurch to Mount Cook, Australasia's highest mountain. Along the way you'll pass through the spectacular scenery of the Canterbury Plains, view MacKenzie Basin, Lakes Tekapo and Pukari and Tasman Glacier. Lunch at the Hermitage Hotel as well as morning and afternoon snacks are also included on your guided tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
A short stop at either the Tin Shed (an old shearing shed selling discount sweaters) or at Barkers Winery for tastings of wines, sauces and jams. Continuing through the foothills of the Southern Alps from Geraldine to Fairlie and through the MacKenzie Basin, with its brown snowgrass-covered landscape which has an almost desert like aspect, to Lake Tekapo. There is the opportunity to take an idyllic photograph of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Lake Tekapo with its backdrop of magnificent alpine scenery.
Next, it's onto Lake Pukaki where the Tasman Valley opens into the MacKenzie Basin with Mount Cook and the surrounding snow covered peaks in the background. Lunch is at the Hermitage in the Mount Cook National Park. Following lunch an alpine flight over the National Park can be arranged with Mount Cook Airlines (optional at additional cost, payable direct). Glacier landings by ski planes are also available (optional at additional cost, payable direct).
Next, you'll explore the Tasman Glacier where a twenty minute climb by foot will take you to the top of the terminal moraine, this vantage point provides views of both the Tasman Glacier and the newly formed Lake Tasman. Return by coach in the afternoon, stopping at the Canterbury high country town of Fairlie for late afternoon tea.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 9:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Explore Mount Cook from Christchurch
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The walk up the terminal moraine of the Tasman Glacier is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Christchurch Airport Arrival Transfer - To Hotels
Kaikoura Whale Watch Day Tour from Christchurch
Arthur's Pass National Park with TranzAlpine Train Small Group Tour from Christchurch
Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
Akaroa Harbour and Banks Peninsula Eco Marine Harbour Cruise Small Group Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for