Picturesque mountains, deep fiords and icy glaciers - this is New Zealand's South Island. See for yourself on a four-day independent tour highlighting this scenic region. Travel by coach from Christchurch to Queenstown and up the West Coast to Greymouth before a return to Christchurch. View Franz Josef glacier and experience Milford Sound.
- Instant Confirmation
- Multi-Day Trip
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Day 1: Christchurch/Mt Cook/Queenstown
Travel through the Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps. Cross Burkes Pass to Lake Tekapo and visit the Church of the Good Shepherd. Travel up Lake Pukaki to Mt Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain. Stop for lunch (not inclued) before crossing Lindis Pass. Travel along Kawerau Gorge to Queenstown. Accommodation: Heartland Hotel Queenstown or similar
Day 2: Milford Sound Day Excursion
Travel along Lake Wakatipu beneath Remarkables to Te Anau. See the Mirror Lakes and continue past Christie Falls. Enter the Homer Tunnel, drilled through the solid rock of a mountain. Cruise along Milford Sound where you'll see Mitre Peak and rock walls rising 1200m vertically from the sea. Re-board your coach for a Queenstown return. Optional lunch on cruise available. Accommodation: Heartland Hotel Queenstown or similar
Day 3: Queenstown/Franz Josef Glacier
Travel along Lake Wanaka to Haast Pass. Pass through Central Otago and the majestic peaks of the Southern Alps with its rivers and rainforests. Continue up the West Coast past mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Franz Josef Glacier is a 'living river of ice', 11 kilometers long and over 7,000 years old. Accommodation: Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier or similar
Day 4: Franz Josef/Greymouth/Arthur's Pass/Christchurch
Travel along the West Coast to Shantytown, a reconstructed Gold Rush town and then to Greymouth, where thousands of diggers lived during the gold strikes of the 1860's. Travel through Arthur's Pass to Christchurch via the TranzAlpine Express.
Special Offer! - Save 5% on the recommended retail price. Special offer valid for travel April 1 to September 30, 2013 - Book Now!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from the Copthorne Central Hotel, or from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:35pm on Day 4
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
South Island Four Day Great Southern Circle Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Live commentary on board
- Milford Sound Cruise
- 3-nights accommodation
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note that this tour is an independent tour and you may be traveling with a different driver/guide and group each day
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Christchurch Airport Arrival Transfer - To Hotels
Kaikoura Whale Watch Day Tour from Christchurch
Arthur's Pass National Park with TranzAlpine Train Small Group Tour from Christchurch
Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
Akaroa Harbour and Banks Peninsula Eco Marine Harbour Cruise Small Group Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for