Lake Michigan and Chicago River Architecture Cruise by Speedboat
Chicago is renowned for its stunning and original architecture, and the most relaxing way to see it is on a cruise on the Chicago River! You'll learn all about Chicago's history and landmarks before the tour's grand finale, a thrilling speedboat ride on Lake Michigan.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
From the boat, you'll see and hear about the dozens of skyscrapers lining the Chicago River, including the Sears Tower and the Tribune Tower. From your entertaining guide, you'll learn when and why the flow of the Chicago River was reversed, how Chicago architects pioneered skyscraper construction and a variety of other tales and tidbits of Chicago's history.
Then, for a spectacular view of the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan, you'll take a thrilling speedboat ride along the lake. From the water, you'll see Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, beautiful Chicago Harbor and Chicago's Museum Campus.
Your best choice for experiencing Chicago, this tour combines a leisurely cruise with an exciting speedboat ride. It's the only tour that takes you from the lakefront, through the historic locks and along the river.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 12:15pm
Departs at 2:15pm
Departs at 4:15pm
Departs at 6:15pm
Departs at 8:15pm
Learn About Chicago's Great Architecture on a Boat Tour
- Sightseeing cruise
- Passage through the historic Chicago River locks and up the Chicago River to Sears Tower
- Architectural tour and speedboat ride on Lake Michigan
- Local fees and taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Coast Guard regulations require a photo ID for each guest to board
- All cruises are weather permitting
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Susan C, August 2014
We had a young guy caled Jake (I think) who was our guide and boy was he good. Not your usual please look on your left anf that is the Willis Tower.. he really knew his stuff and was able to answer any question asked by the passengers. And he was extremely interesting and the short speedboat ride at the end finished off the tour in an exciting way. I would highly recommend this trip. Just note that there are lots of tours that leave from the Navy Pier... go to the Pier itself and this tour leave from directly opposite the ferris wheel... it was not clear enough on the voucher... Enjoy......
Reviewed by: Jennifer G, July 2014
Awesome!! Jake the tour guide was wonderful. Would recommend for all visiting Chicago!