Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula is one of the few places in the world where you can share the water with the world's largest fish, the whale shark. Your personalized, small group cruise sets out in search of these gentle creatures for a snorkeling experience you'll never forget.
After having spotted a whale shark, you'll have the chance to jump in the water and snorkel alongside it (conditions permitting) for a wildlife encounter few people ever experience. Found in the world's tropical and warm-temperate oceans, the majestic whale shark glides peacefully through the clear waters along the Yucatan coast during the summer months, feeding on the microscopic plankton which thrives in this environment.
You'll then have time to have lunch, relax and unwind off the coast of Isla Mujeres, in Playa Norte, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Be on the lookout for dolphins and manta rays as you enjoy the warm, turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. The Yucatan coast is also known for its abundance of bird species, including the brightly colored native flamingos.
A biologist/naturalist will be onboard throughout the day to answer questions you may have about whale sharks or any other wildlife you'll see during your adventure. They will also provide you with information on how to interact with the local marine life to ensure you have a safe and fun experience.
With a maximum of 10 participants, the Mexican Whale Shark Snorkel Adventure is an intimate experience which will leave you with memories lasting a lifetime.
Sightings of whale sharks are guaranteed. In the unlikely event that there are no whale shark sightings on your cruise, you are able to take the cruise again on the following day free of charge. (This only applies during the months of June, July and August).
Special Offer! - For a limited time only, save 15% on the recommended retail rate - book now! - Book Now!
Mexican Whale Shark Snorkel Adventure
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from major hotels around Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and from the San Francisco de Asis SuperMarket in Tulum
Tour returns to original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs from Cancun hotels
Departs from Playa del Carmen hotels
Departs from Riviera Maya hotels
Departs from central meeting point in Tulum
Mexican Whale Shark Snorkel Adventure
- Guaranteed whale shark sightings
- Bilingual biologist/naturalist guide
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Water and soft drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of tour date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour requires a minimum number of passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to Chichen Itza with a Private Archeologist
Sightseeing, Snorkeling and Dancing Catamaran Cruise from Cancun
Cancun Extreme Zipline Canopy Tour
Xel-Ha All Inclusive Day Trip from Cancun
Xplor Adventure Park
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for