Experience Australia's rich Aboriginal history and culture on this hands-on full-day adventure tour from Cairns or Port Douglas. Learn traditional Aboriginal hunting and gathering techniques as you walk along ancient ancestral trails searching for crabs, fish and mussels. This exciting, interactive tour through the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest provides a great insight into Australia's indigenous heritage and combines culture and nature with lots of fun.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Popular choice with kids
Travel along one of Australia's most scenic coastal drives as you head north of Port Douglas to Cooya Beach, where one of the Kubirri Warra brothers will teach you how to throw a spear and other Aboriginal hunting techniques. Walk with the brothers on their traditional lands, whilst stalking and observing wildlife and the surrounding country. Learn how to track and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels through the mangroves, and try bush tucker and bush medicines.
Enjoy morning tea of fresh homemade damper, tea, coffee and your catch of the day on the balcony of their family home, overlooking the ocean. The brothers demonstrate different Aboriginal artifacts and their uses, and will maybe teach you how to play a didgeridoo.
You will continue north to the township of Mossman, where you'll visit the Janbal Gallery for a truly unique Aboriginal experience. Learn about the Dreamtime and the authentic arts and crafts made by the local Kuku Yalanji. Lunch is at the Mossman Gorge Centre, at the edge of the Mossman Rainforest, where you can also explore the gallery which is filled with artwork from prominent and emerging artists of the area.
Next, you'll be exploring the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, one of the world's oldest and most beautiful rainforests. Enjoy an interpretive walk across boardwalks, tracks and bridges that protects the delicate ecosystem of beautiful waterfalls and rich flora and fauna of Mossman Gorge. Your guide will explain the eco system of this pristine rainforest. Special access has been given to a swimming area of Mossman Gorge that most are usually not permitted. Ensure you bring your swimmers/bathers so you are able to make the most of this beautiful private hole that is encased by rainforest.
Please note, this tour is interactive and not suitable for those with limited mobility. A reasonable level of fitness is required to fully enjoy the experience.
Daintree Dreaming Day Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas hotels including residential addresses
- Cairns 7:00am
- Northern Beaches 7:30am
- Port Douglas 8:30am
Returns to original departure point at approximately 9:30pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Aboriginal Cultural Daintree Rainforest Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Travel by air-conditioned 4WD
- Local guide
- Introduction to traditional fishing techniques
- Morning tea of homemade damper
- Two-hour coastal walk
- Interpretive rainforest walk
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
- Guided interpretive rainforest walk to Niau Waterfall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Maximum 17 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour is subject to weather and road conditions, alternative routes will be taken.
- No refund will be given if the itinerary is altered due to weather conditions
- Please bring your swimwear, towel, sun protection, insect repellant and a bottle of water.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Tully River Full-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns including BBQ Lunch
Australia Sightseeing Pass
Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
Cairns Minjin Jungle Swing
Fitzroy Island Day Trip from Cairns
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for