Escape the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the historic Uruguayan town of Colonia del Sacramento. On this day trip, take a short boat ride from Buenos Aires across the Rio de la Plata and enjoy a city sightseeing tour and walking tour of Colonia with an expert guide. Then, enjoy a delicious lunch at a quality restaurant of your choice and spend the afternoon exploring the city of Colonia at your leisure.
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Day trip (destination A to B)
A visit to Colonia offers a great introduction to Argentina's neighbor, Uruguay. On this day trip from Buenos Aires, enjoy an enticing blend of colonial history, museums and laid-back ambiance on both a guided and independent sightseeing tour of Colonia.
Colonia occupies a superb location, resting only 110 miles (180 km) west of Montevideo and perched atop a small peninsula jutting out into the Rio de la Plata. After a scenic boat ride to the Colonia port, meet your guide for a 1-hour sightseeing city tour. Full of old cobblestone streets, rustic buildings and famous landmarks, this historic town has a captivating atmosphere and charm. Then, take a walking tour of the city and listen as your guide explains the history of Colonia. Admire the beautiful architecture that gives this city its rustic charm – in fact, both Colonia's old and modern architecture are now protected as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
After your tour, you will be on your own to explore more of Colonia however you wish. Your knowledgeable guide will point out the best restaurants in the area. Head to the restaurant of your choice and enjoy a delicious Uruguayan meal. In the afternoon, enjoy free time to explore the city at your leisure. Walk through the streets, visit the local museums, browse the pottery and jewelry shops, or take a stroll along the coast to admire the town’s remarkable beauty.
When you are finished exploring on your own, meet your guide and group at a designated meeting point and head back to Buenos Aires by ferry. When you dock in Buenos Aires, you’ll be transported to your hotel.
This tour is likely to sell out! The ferry tickets for this tour regularly sell out weeks in advance, so book ahead to avoid disappointment!
Day Trip to Colonia from Buenos Aires
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from most Buenos Aires hotels
- Hotel pickup begins at 7:30am
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Day Trip to Colonia from Buenos Aires
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Ferry ticket
- Guided city sightseeing tour
- Drinks during lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide except during city tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ferry ride is approximately 1 hour
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Recoleta Afternoon Walking Tour
Buenos Aires Bike Tour: Recoleta and Palermo Districts
Buenos Aires Bike Tour: San Telmo and La Boca Districts
Buenos Aires Dining Experience: Empanada Making, Steak, Wine, Alfajores and Mate
Buenos Aires Small-Group Wine Tasting
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for