Select a datex
Discover the food stalls and restaurants that make up the Original Los Angeles Farmers Market! This historic location dates back to 1934 and is a favorite of local residents. On this small-group food-tasting walking tour, you'll go behind the scenes of what locals know is the best restaurant and best grocery store in town. You’ll also explore LA’s lively 3rd Street.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Small-group tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Excite your taste buds with flavors from around the world at the Los Angeles Farmers Market! On this 3.5-hour food-tasting walking tour, sample delicious world foods while listening to stories about Los Angeles that you won't hear anywhere else. The Farmers Market, dubbed "The Original," is home to family businesses owned as far back as the 1930s, as well as local restaurants, cafés and gourmet grocery shops that are frequented by celebrities.
Your local tour guide will keep you entertained with stories about the history of the Market and its colorful merchants, some of whom have been here since the market first opened in 1934. Indulge in several tastings, from French cheeses to Brazilian churrascaria to what many believe are the world’s best doughnuts. From the Farmers Market at the corner of 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue, your epicurean stroll takes you down 3rd Street nearly to the stylish Beverly Center at La Cienega Boulevard.
3rd Street is an eclectic shopping street best known for its designer boutiques, fine restaurants, hole-in-the-wall eateries and celebrity clientele. As you graze your way along 3rd Street, your tour will stop at several local favorites, including an iconic deli-marketplace-café and an under-the-radar authentic Japanese noodle house.
Spider roll samples on 3rd Street
We're sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Departure Point:The Farmers Market
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Delicious, fresh meals!
- Food tasting & beverages
- Small-group walking tour
- Local guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Children and infants under 5 years old are welcome on the tour, however should they become restless or uncomfortable please take the appropriate steps to minimize distraction to the other guests. Strollers are recommended.
- Children and infants under 5 years are complementary given that they are not participating in tastings.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.