Explore the highlights of Kakadu on a 3-day 4WD tour from Darwin. Swim at Jim Jim Fals, go crocodile spotting along the Yellow River, discover ancient Indigenous rock art at Ubirr and enjoy guided walks and talks by local Aboriginal people. You'll sleep out under the stars in tents and enjoy traditional bushtucker food.
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Day 1: Darwin to Kakadu (L,D)
Its an early start this morning traveling by an all terrain vehicle into the heart of Kakadu National Park. Visit the amazing Ubirr rock art site, which is best described as an outdoor museum. Discover the intricate paintings depicting the history of the area and then climb to the top of the hill for stunning 360-degree views over Kakadu. Meet the local Murdudjurl people and spend an unforgettable evening learning about traditional bushtucker, arts and craft.
Camp: Murdudjurl Permanent Campsite - Kakadu
Day 2: Kakadu (B,L,D)
After an early breakfast, drive through some of the 'Top End's' most remote terrain to Twin Falls. Accessible only by 4WD vehicle, the area remains one of incredible beauty. The rock pools are magnificent year round and well worth the journey. Take a short boat ride through the gorge to the beach at the base of the falls, keeping an eye out for crocodiles. After a picnic lunch on the banks of the river, take a short hike through the steamy rainforest to Jim Jim Falls and its crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim.
Camp: Murdudjurl Permanent Campsite - Kakadu
Day 3: Kakadu to Darwin (B,L)
After breakfast this morning, we cruise the spectacular Yellow Waters, home to a wide variety of bird life and possibly a lurking saltwater crocodile. Depending on the local conditions, travel to either the crystal clear rock pool of Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or to Nourlangie for amazing rock art, before taking the Arnhem Highway back to Darwin, arriving at approximately 6.30pm.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Darwin hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Tour concludes in Darwin at approximately 6:30pm on Day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Top End Swimming Hole
- Transportation by air-conditioned 'All Terrain Safari Vehicle'
- Wine provided with dinner
- Accommodation in twin-share tents at permanent, private campsite
- Experienced and knowledgeable guide
- Yellow Waters Cruise
- Guided "walk and talk" conducted by the local Aboriginal people Murdudjurl
- Meals as per itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Use of sleeping bag, towel and pillows
- Kakadu National Park fees
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum group size is 15 passengers
- We ask that luggage is kept to a minimum (preferably an overnight bag - 15 kg max)
- Please list any prior medical conditions in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted to travel on tour
- You must have travel insurance
- Important: The walk to Jim Jim falls is quite strenuous and an above average level of fitness is required. Good hiking shoes are recommended for this walk.If seasonal conditions do not permit a visit to Jim Jim or Twin Falls it will be replaced with alternative touring. You are not permitted to swim at Twin falls.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 28 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 55 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 85 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.