The best way to appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of a city built on water is by boat. Gliding through Venice's Grand Canal and minor canals, you'll be introduced to the splendid palaces, churches, bridges, gardens and warehouses lining the city's liquid streets. Your luxurious motor launch boat tour of the Grand Canal brings the magic of Venice alive – ideal for photographers!
Unlike a gondola ride, this Grand Canal boat tour takes you through many diverse areas of the city for a thorough introduction to the city of Venice. Step foot on your boat near St Mark’s Square, admiring St Mark’s Basilica and Doge's Palace along with other landmarks as you disembark. While you ride, you'll learn about the origins and evolution of the Grand Canal, Venice's most important 'street.’
Marvel at the stunning palaces and churches that line the famous Venetian canal as you pass by squares like Campo Santa Maria Formosa that contain Gothic palaces and churches, like the magnificent San Giovanni e Paolo. Your guide will enlighten your group about Venetian architecture as well as the trade schools of Venice – such as the Scuola Grande di San Marco – that provided the foundations for the mercantile empire to flourish.
Then, take a fascinating journey through Venice’s minor canals to see parts of the city that are seldom visited by tourists. Take in the charming ambiance as you float through these less crowded canals. The boats are small enough to navigate the narrow canals, with enough space for you to comfortably sit outside to take photographs and listen to the detailed commentary provided by your guide. All boats are equipped with microphones and speakers so you can clearly hear the information.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs near St. Mark's Square
- April 1 to October 24: 5:30pm
- October 26 to November 14: 2:30pm
- November 15 to December 31 & February 10 to March 8: 3:15pm
- March 9 to March 31: 4:30pm
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Venice Grand Canal Boat Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.