Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping District
See Tokyo's highlights on a four-hour morning sightseeing tour. A perfect introduction to the first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Meiji Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden, Asakusa Kannon Temple. You'll also spy colourful Nakamise shopping street and drive through the Ginza district on your morning city tour through Tokyo.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Your morning sightseeing tour includes the following highlights:
- Meiji Shinto shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort.
- Akasaka Palace, now known as the Akasaka Guest House and used as state accommodation for visiting dignitaries
- Driving past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament)
- Strolling through the impressive Imperial Palace East Garden, once the grounds of an old Edo castle, with a tea pavilion, Japanese garden, moats and stone walls. Itinerary will be replaced with a visit to the Imperial Palace Plaza)
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo, with the golden image of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Driving through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
Plus you'll receive a free souvenir map of Tokyo!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at the Ginza (Hibiya Station) at 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 3 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: smilinback88, June 2014
We had Mai and she was great. Thank you!
Reviewed by: Sarah P, May 2014
Our tour guide Tomoko was so full of knowledge and had so many interesting stories, she made this tour as good as it was. The temples were beautiful and she had so many fun facts about them. The only downside would be that you don't get enough time to explore them more, but if you had the time you could always go back. I always prefer to get tours when going into places like these as the guide gives you so much more information than a brochure ever could. The Ginza part was also more of a drop off, but it was handy for us as we wanted to explore this area and she pointed out some major places of interest.