2-Day Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
- Multi-Day Trip
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Guests will be picked-up from their hotel between approximately 8am to 9am, depending on the hotel location
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Single occupancy accommodation in historic downtown Sonoma
USD $419.00Pricing details
Double occupancy accommodation in historic downtown Sonoma
USD $339.00Pricing details
2-Day Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Narrated tour
- Hotel accommodations in downtown Sonoma
- Wine tastings at 4-8 wineries
- Box lunch on day-2
- Transport in biodiesel mini-coach
- Entrance fee to Muir Woods USD$7.00
- Additional meals
- Tasting fees as applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour operator reserve the right to cancel tours due to lack of participation, vehicle breakdown, weather or road conditions
- Recommended for people 21 years and older
- Must be 21 years or older with valid photo ID to consume alcohol
- One small overnight bag per person. Recommended that bag be soft and easy to fit beneath car seats
- Wear layered clothing. San Francisco temperatures may be quite cool while Sonoma may be significantly colder or warmer depending on the season
- Please advise lunch selection in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any changes to dates will incur 100% cancellation penalty
Your 2-day wine-tasting adventure begins with morning pickup from your San Francisco hotel in an eco-friendly, biodiesel mini-coach. Weather permitting, make a quick stop near San Francisco’s Presidio for a photo op of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Cross over the beloved bridge and travel through the Marin Headlands to Muir Woods National Monument (entrance fee not included). Spend 1.5 hours admiring the awe-inspiring redwoods and staggering array of plant and animal life in this dreamlike place, one of the last old-growth coastal redwood forests in the San Francisco area.
Next, head to Sonoma Valley, a tremendously rich wine-growing region with more than 30 types of grapes and 300 wineries and tasting rooms. Sample a variety of wines (some tasting fees may apply) before checking into your downtown hotel in late afternoon. Use your knowledgeable guide’s recommendations for restaurants, tasting rooms and boutiques to help plan the rest of your day.
Overnight: Hotel in downtown Sonoma
Get an early start or sleep in this morning – the choice is yours! Continue to explore Sonoma on your own, nibbling samples at the Sonoma Cheese Factory, visiting the historic Mission San Francisco Solano, or window shopping in Sonoma Square.
Meet up with your guide in the afternoon and head to tiny Glen Ellen to continue wine-tasting. Stop at Benziger Family Winery, touring the vineyards, fermentation facility and crush pad by tram. Walk through the barrel caves, and sip the winery’s biodynamic and other award-winning wines.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a shaded patio before heading to Imagery Estate Winery to taste more wine and view an impressive collection of contemporary art.
Your tour culminates in famous Napa Valley. Spend the afternoon tasting wines in Oakville, Yountville or the town of Napa and taking pictures of seemingly endless rows of immaculately kept vines. If time permits, stop for a glass of sparkling wine (own expense) before heading back to San Francisco. On the way back, you'll stop for an evening view of the Golden Gate Bridge, with the city illuminated in the background. Your 2-day wine country experience concludes with drop-off at your hotel at around 6pm.
Please make note of which lunch you would prefer in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Turkey sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by pasta salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Roastbeef sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Ham sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Vegetarian sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, olives, sprouts, peperoncini, cucumber accompanied by coleslaw, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
Reviewed by: Suzanne F, September 2015
A great trip! Muir Woods is beautiful and Sonoma and Napa chock full of great wineries. The two days enabled free time in the evening to revisit Sonoma Square, enjoy a leisurely meal and soak up a bit more of this gorgeous town I also loved Sisters, the fashion consignment store. Over the two days I visited 8 or 9 tasting venues, did a wine education tour and sampled around 50 wines and some chocolate, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cheese. Tomy day 1 and Chris day 2 were both super friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating guides. The bus was clean, cool and comfortable and the driving safe and smooth. The only improvement tip I would give is to provide an esky to keep all the produce fresh.
Thanks Tomy and Chris, I had a really great time!
Reviewed by: Lorrie, June 2015
Tour was very good. Driver was nice and knowledgeable. Just enough travel vs tour time. Like it a lot.