La Jolla Coast Bike Tour with Downhill Ride from Mt Soledad
Admire the 360-degree view of the city and coastline, and then strap on your provided helmet and take off, zooming down the mountain as fast (or as slow) as you want. Ride about 3.5 miles (5.5 km) toward the ocean, soaking up La Jolla’s quaint atmosphere and picturesque scenery.
When you get to the coast, stop at La Jolla sea caves, where you can hop off your bike and enter the only cave accessible by land, Sunny Jim’s, reached by a tunnel known as the Cave Store. Then head to the Children’s Pool and seal beach to check out the town’s famous harbor seals. Enjoy a stunning photo op from the 100-foot (30-meter) bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve, and take a look at the marine life in the tide pools.
Continue your bike tour by pedaling south to San Diego’s popular surf breaks at Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. Then head back to your starting point via quiet back roads, soaking up the laid-back ambience of San Diego’s beach communities.
Total biking distance is approximately 10 miles (16 km); the pace is not strenuous and the terrain is mostly downhill or flat, but you will pedal over a few short hills (you can get off and walk if needed).
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 9am
Tour departs at 1pm
La Jolla Plunge Tour
- Use of Bianchi hybrid bike
- Helmet rental
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Admission to La Jolla Cave Store
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear closed-toe shoes (sandals and flip-flops are discouraged), sunscreen, comfortable clothing, and a jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required
- Free parking is available on the side streets; the spots marked '2-Hour Parking' are not recommended as the total tour time is 2.5 hours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required; individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay the 2nd-passenger price directly to the local operator upon check-in
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 14 years
Reviewed by: Victoria N, December 2014
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Gerald B, Switzerland, July 2010