The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
The hills are alive with The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg. Enjoy a day trip visiting the breathtaking landscapes and locations where the famous musical, the Sound of Music, was filmed. The English-speaking guide not only shows you the highlights of the film 'Sound of Music' but also the historical and architectural landmarks in the city, as well as a part of the picturesque lake district.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Hotel pickup included
- Popular choice with kids
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Relax and listen to the soundtrack or sing along to the famous songs and lyrics including My Favourite Things, Do-Re-Mi, Edelweiss, Climb Ev'ry Mountain, Sixteen Going on Seventeen, The Lonely Goatherd and of course the glorious title song The Sound of Music.
You will stop in Mondsee for approximately one hour where you will have free time to explore Mondsee Cathedral and the setting of the famous film wedding! You can also explore this beautiful Austrian town at leisure and we recommend stopping by Mrs Brown's cafe to taste the best 'crisp apple strudel' in Mondsee!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:15am
Departs at 2pm
The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St.Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St. Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - In Mondsee Cathedral the film wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place.
The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle , St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
Reviewed by: sorelg, September 2014
This tour combined just the right amount of campiness with fun facts from the movie. We weren't sure about taking this tour initially, but are glad that we did. The travel into the countryside is worth the price alone. We only had one day in Salzburg and this tour rounded out our visit perfectly.
Reviewed by: SB T, September 2014
A fabulous tour (despite the inclement weather) delivered by our expert guide Natasha. We booked on line before our trip, and called the office as requested, on our arrival in Salzburg, to finalise the booking. On the morning of the tour we were collected promptly from our hotel in a beautiful Mercedes car and transferred to the bus depot from where the tour starts. We couldn't have been looked after any better! Then on to the tour itself which was informative, fun, and packed with music and laughter. It includes lots of other stuff, not necessarily to do with the Sound of Music,and lots of opportunities to walk in the footsteps of the movie, and for those all important photos. Highly recommended! Stevie T and Jean, Liverpool, UK