Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums Walking Tour
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
A highlight of the private tour of the Vatican Museums is experiencing Michelangelo's famous Creation of Adam fresco as you explore the Sistine Chapel and wander through Raphael's Rooms. After taking in the Vatican Museums, you will encounter another of Michelangelo's masterpieces, La Pieta, in St Peter's Basilica. For a fascinating finish to your private walking tour, stop to admire magnificent St Peter's Square, as your guide points out Bernini's ingenious use of optical illusion.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10am
Departs at 2:30pm
Skip the Line: Private Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Private walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- By pre-booking this ticket it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Tours departing Wednesday. There is the possibility that you will be unable to include St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St. Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer a ticket with St. Peter's Basilica and Square guaranteed to be included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date.
- On rare occasions St. Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, we spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Wheelchairs can be taken on this tour. If assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
Reviewed by: Sumit R, India, August 2014
This is the best museum in the world with untold treasures in terms of paintings, frescoes and sculptures. The guide was great, City Wonders was well organized and we had a very detailed tour of the Vatican and a short but good tour of St. Peter's Basilica which is amazing. We were a family of four with two teenage boys, keenly interested in history and art and they were thrilled by this opportunity. Very highly recommended. The only issue is that it is quite warm in summer and there is no airconditioning mostly, apart from that this tour is well worth the spend.
Reviewed by: Geoffrey F, August 2014
The Vatican "Skip the Line" Private Tour was fantastic and we really did skip a very long line. The tour was made very special for us by our tour guide Laura, who was a delight with her friendly personality and wealth of knowledge. Laura made this a memorable experience and we would like to thank her and wish her every success in the future.