Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
7:30am Standard Tour
Standard departure to Pompeii and Independent day trip
7:30am: Upgrade Tour
Pompeii and Independent day trip gaining access to the Pompeii excavations plus a 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide
- Return shuttle service from Rome to Pompeii
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or mini bus for small groups
- English speaking hostess on board the shuttle
- Pompeii books on board for you to read and learn about the sites
- Entrance fee to the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- 2-hour walking tour of the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- All entrance fees
- Optional gratuity
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- There is no toilet onboard the bus, however a 10 - 15 minute stop is made en route.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- It is not possible to stay overnight in Pompeii and return to Rome the following day as shuttle services do not run daily.
This tour requires a minimum number of 15 people to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided with an alternative date or receive a full refund.
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 6 - 12 years
Reviewed by: Curtis M, USA, December 2014
I chose the independent day tour and loved every minute. If you're like me and don't want to be rushed site to next site then you'll like to do the tour yourself. The negative is you might get lost in Pompeii and have to ask for directions.
Pro-tip: upon entering Pompeii entrance, go directly left for the first site which is a bathhouse. Then make your way up the main walkway to see the rest of Pompeii, that way you don't have to go back to the entrance area to see the first bathhouse!
Reviewed by: John M, December 2014
well worth the money and the time. Made me want to see more of the Naples area. Guide was very informative.