Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
The trip from Rome to Pompeii takes three and a half hours. Note, you'll board the shuttle for your return journey at 3:30pm, arriving back in Rome at around 7pm.
7:30am Upgrade Departure:
Gain access to the Pompeii excavations and enjoy a 2-hour tour in a group of no more than 25 people, with personalized attention from your guide.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
7:30am Standard Tour
Standard departure to Pompeii and Independent day trip
7:30am: Upgrade Tour
Pompeii and Independent day trip gaining access to the Pompeii excavations plus a 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide
- Return shuttle service from Rome to Pompeii
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or mini bus for small groups
- English speaking hostess on board the shuttle
- Pompeii books on board for you to read and learn about the sites
- Entrance fee to the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- 2-hour walking tour of the Pompeii excavations (if upgrade is selected)
- All entrance fees
- Optional gratuity
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- There is no toilet onboard the bus, however a 10 - 15 minute stop is made en route.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- It is not possible to stay overnight in Pompeii and return to Rome the following day as shuttle services do not run daily.
This tour requires a minimum number of 15 people to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided with an alternative date or receive a full refund.
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 6 - 12 years
Reviewed by: Mark S, July 2014
Fantastic tour! The bus trip was comfortable and quiet. The guide on the bus was informative without using the microphone constantly like some tours!
The guide at Pompeii was fantastic! His name is Carmen and He had good English skills, was helpful and friendly.
The tour is amazing and a must see!
There is alot of walking and is quite rocky and uneven, consider this especially for the elderly and handicapped.
Reviewed by: Nancy L, July 2014
Excellent trip. Bus was on time both directions. Staff was courteous. Comfortable bus. It was easy to hire an official Pompeii tour guide once we got to the excavation site. And seeing ancient Pompeii was completely worth the trip. Thank you!