Rome by Night Tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Hotel pickup included
Return to your coach and pass the Palace of Exhibitions on the way to Piazza Venezia to see its ostentatious Vittorio Emmanuele II monument. Hear tales and trivia about this love-it-or-hate-it landmark from your onboard guide, and learn about Rome’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, located on the building’s sweeping terrace.
Travel around Capitoline Hill into the area known as Ancient Rome, and see the relics and ruins that the Roman emperors left behind. Gaze at crumbling monuments in the Roman Forum and admire the Arch of Constantine lit up against the dazzling backdrop of the Colosseum; have your camera ready!
Head alongside Circus Maximus and follow the Tiber River past Castel Sant’Angelo to Vatican City. Gaze in awe at the sight of St Peter’s Basilica set against the night sky, and then pass the ancient Aurelian walls on your way back into Rome. Admire Porta Flaminia Gate by Villa Borghese, Rome’s central park, marvel at the Egyptian obelisk in Piazza del Popolo, and then head back into the historical center.
Hop off your coach at Trevi Fountain – Rome’s famous water feature – and throw a coin in the fountain for luck. Then, finish your tour with a drop-off at your central hotel or another central Rome location.
Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
- Please note: Rome's Trevi Fountain is currently under restoration until late 2015. A walkway above the central portion of the fountain will allow you to catch a glimpse of the ongoing work. Water will be drained during the process, but you'll still be able to cast your coins into the fountain for luck
Reviewed by: Luiz V, October 2014
Very interesting tour, very well guided. All as we expected.
Good work !
Reviewed by: Boyd, September 2014
One of the best tours we took in Rome! Rome at night was absolutely beautiful, and we wouldn't have missed this opportunity for anything! Best to take this tour right after you arrive in Rome, as we did. It sets the perspective for the rest of your trip!