Best Rio de Janeiro Half-Day Walking Tour
Take an afternoon sightseeing tour of Old Rio on foot, and get a feeling for the legends and history woven around the narrow streets and superb baroque buildings of downtown Rio de Janeiro. While you walk, your knowledgeable and entertaining guide will bring the city and its stories alive.
You'll gain unforgettable insights into Rio and its history on this four-hour afternoon walking tour, visiting the following highlights:
- Sao Bento Monastery, dripping with gilt carvings and paintings
- Nossa Senhora de Candelaria, Rio's most impressive church
- Praca XV de Novembro, the square where many important events in Rio de Janeiro's history took place, such as the coronation of Brazil's emperors
- Imperial Palace, built in the style of a Portuguese manor house for Brazil's rulers
The walk continues down Uruguaiana Street to Carioca Square and the Metropolitan Cathedral, where your afternoon walking tour of Old Rio's historic sites concludes. This afternoon walking tour takes you behind the scenes of Rio's famous sights, leaving you with time in the day free to explore Rio on your own.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Pickup is available from most major hotels in the zones Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the cruise ship port
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rio de Janeiro Half-Day Walking Tour
- Walking tour of Rio de Janeiro
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: Ramon B, February 2015
Very interesting. The guide was very repetitive, too. This was tiresome!
Reviewed by: sbshorr, February 2015
The tour was very worthwhile. tour guide well informed. Very patient. Was very passionate about Rio and the history of the city. Answered all questions and had time to answer individual questions.