Landmannalauger Day Trip from Reykjavik
The wonder of Southern Iceland! This journey takes you through the beautiful countryside of southern Iceland and the central highlands. See colorful mountains and take a dip in a natural hot spring, before continuing west towards the country's most famous active volcano, Hekla.
Leaving Reykjavik you will head to the geothermal area of Landmannalauger, famous for its incredible natural beauty and often called "The Pearl of the Central Highlands".
Travel into the highlands through Pjorsardalur valley and visit Hjalparfoss waterfall. Landmannalauger's colorful mountains are due to centuries of volcanic activity in the area. The picturesque natural landscape in this raw climate is simply breathtaking. While there, you'll enjoy a relaxing bath in a natural warm pool which is created where many hot and cold springs mix together.
Your tour continues toward the west and past Iceland's most infamous and active volcano, Hekla, which during the Middle Ages was believed to be the gateway to Hell. The volcano has had frequent eruptions in the past years and has left thick layers of ash and pumice over the landscape. Return to Reykjavik over Hellisheidi Mountain Heath.
This product is seasonal and operates from June to September only
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- English speaking tour guide
- Transport by coach
- Meals are not included in the tour, unless mentioned in the itinerary.
- Optional gratuities
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and, depending on the season, require a minimum number of passengers to guarantee departure. If there are not sufficient passengers on the day of your tour and it does not operate, please contact your travel agent or Viator Customer Service at email@example.com to arrange for a refund
- The supplier reserves the right to amend or cancel the itinerary if weather is not permitting
Please note that use of soap is forbidden in the pool.
Reviewed by: rita, August 2013
Our island tour would not have been complete without this excursion
Reviewed by: phillip lock, Australia, July 2013
4 seasons in a day but the right season for the right time (sunny when one needed to walk). Great commentary by the guide - sorry I cannot repeat his Icelandic name but similar to breitel.